I have a 5 year old Walmart Everstart battery in my Honda Element. it was no longer holding a charge. It would charge up but then it would drain right after I took the maintainer off of it. I checked and the cells looked low to empty so I added distilled water and now it won't take a charge at all. My battery tender now says bad battery and won't even allow dash lights to come on. I tried putting a regular, straight (non tender) 1 amp battery charger on it for 2 days and nothing. Did adding water kill it for good?