Added Lubegard Bio-tech; testing MPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Trav- That could be the reason why LG stays away from those additives. That green tint is very interesting though, and is really tossing a curve ball into the mix for me. I've never seen anything that color.

Haven't read the entire thread but could it be green from the dye from something like GC?

Originally Posted By: Mystic
For cleaning an engine a person can try MMO, Kreen, or use a flush like Amsoil or Lubegard.

I think almost all of these things are not recommended by manufacturers.

An approved and certified oil with cleaning power should be the first step.

Esters are known to help so Redline and G Oil are thought to be amongst the best for this. G Oil is supposed to have more esters than Redline.

I've dropped pans that have used MOS2, and I've never seen anything like that.

I'm thinking that is something from something else.

Also, MOS2 doesn't clean. It's a anti friction additive.
So if you have a dirty engine, and pour MOS2 into it, you will be coating the sludge and grime with a anti friction additive.

Just another reason to run several OCI's of quality oil, and perhaps a quality cleaner, before you start playing with any additives.

BTW, even if your engine is relatively clean, if you haven't owned it from new you really don't know how clean your pan is until you drop it.

Lots of people use Lucas and other wild additives that have little actual function other than a thickener. Those companies are large and in charge for a reason and folks neglect their previously owned cars.

I've also pulled an oil pan from the car that has used a lot of lubromoly MoS2 and didn't find that, in fact anything but blackish/silvery normal flowing oil; I have my doubts that the green stuff is MoS2; Isn't the lubeguard engine additive green?

Originally Posted By: mene
Isn't the lubeguard engine additive green?

It's more of a deep, dark blue color than green.
wink.gif

I remember it as a dark blue also, but I have not used Lubegard Biotech Engine Oil Protectant in a few years. So I can't remember exactly. It was one of the few oil supplements I believed in.

10 posts talking about the color of the fluid and another 10 on where you can save 3 cents ... Nothing about the actual product.
Seems a common theme here.

10 posts talking about the color of the fluid and another 10 on where you can save 3 cents ... Nothing about the actual product.
Seems a common theme here.
Consider starting a new thread, this one started in 2010. Or ask a specific question/questions about the product, and maybe someone will answer it.

As noted correctly above. If a topic interests you please start a new topic.

Replies to a decade old topic help no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back