Actual bad UOA’s you’ve had?

Second bad one was on our mazda with 7300miles, 4500 on the oil. At that time my wife drove 8 miles to work and 8 miles back. The oil level was climbing on the dipstick. Mobil 1 0w-30.

It was short trip DI fuel dilution. I now run M1 0w-40 euro in the winter.
View attachment 76623
View attachment 76625
Sorry first pic was off my printer in B+W, fuel dilution number did not show.
I see they did specify that your sample showed a fuel / oil dilution and they even flagged it as "alarm - fuel level in sample high!"

My goal is to know how my car is handling that issue and also have some specific evidence in the event of a catastrophic engine failure.

From what I have learned... Automakers respond very specific to a person who shows up with damaged or failed engines under warranty.

I been told they demand certain proofs you did the right things. Such as (mileage) for every oil change / type oil used receipts and records for all required predictive / preventive maintenance. I keep good precise records in my glove compartment with my specific vehicle manual and now even the oil change receipts. I also plan to have OSA reports with these records to cover myself down the road if needed. I don't see how they could deny warranty coverage if shown all required records , then on top of that a list of OSA run for each OCI we did, showing fuel in the oil.
It would then be hard for them to deny that what they call "a minor issue" they say is mostly seen in the ultra cold / freezing areas (IF they even acknowledge it at all). A certain service writer tried to play it off to me as nonsense and "over exaggeration" when I tried to discuss it with him.
He had zero reaction and promptly changed subject when I informed him that on the first and second oil changes we had over a quart more fluid than we put in and made note of a rising level on the dip stick that smelled of heavy gasoline.

I had a 2008 Nissan Sentra with the 1.8L. UOA showed coolant getting into the oil. That was a noticed that I needed to do something about the danger of ruining the engine. It was Blackstone that showed it. I had the master gasket replaced. It definitely paid to have that UOA done.
good for you!

I like how professional that report is. Very good and informative for every day (non professional) motorists or whoever.....

Suggestions? I don't want to waste my time and money on Blackstone to then not get the type results I am looking for.
I know Amsoil still does the OSA yet do not know what they provide. I suppose I will have to call any OSA service company.
Ask specifically just what tests and results I can expect to receive back from them. I am a bit surprised that these places
would not have and use GC machines. I know they are expensive but most labs I been around have had them.
Thanks for the heads up on Blackstone.
Order the kit from AMSOIL. The lab they contract with uses GC, I believe I linked those kits for you in another thread.

Order the kit from AMSOIL. The lab they contract with uses GC, I believe I linked those kits for you in another thread.
Thanks. I actually found (LOL) some very old Amsoil kits in my garage from long ago. I was trying to use (avoid) a oil selling company.
Since you mention that they do use the GC , hence better reports... I will request some up to date kits from them. Thanks again. Look
forward to seeing some real reports I can use if needed.

Thanks. I actually found (LOL) some very old Amsoil kits in my garage from long ago. I was trying to use (avoid) a oil selling company.
Since you mention that they do use the GC , hence better reports... I will request some up to date kits from them. Thanks again. Look
forward to seeing some real reports I can use if needed.
The lab itself isn't owned by AMSOIL, it's just the lab AMSOIL uses for their UOA kits, I assume there's a way to deal with the lab directly, but given you've already got a few AMSOIL kits, just use them.

Just curious as to what actual bad UOA’s y’all have had in all the times you’ve sent your samples off to be checked.

I’ve currently got Magnatec 5W20 in my Ranger than I plan on running out to 5k then sending a sample in to Blackstone to see what they say. It’ll be my first sample sent.

Edit: I’m currently at 1k miles on the Magnatec this OCI*

Actual bad UOA’s you’ve had? 0​

The lab itself isn't owned by AMSOIL, it's just the lab AMSOIL uses for their UOA kits, I assume there's a way to deal with the lab directly, but given you've already got a few AMSOIL kits, just use them.
Thank you .... Good. That saves me from searching for one and will allow me to get an OSA done pretty fast. I will try to send one off very soon.
Yall helping me relight the fire / passion for all things auto under me again to get off my crooked cripple butt so that is a good thing.

Back