Across the board drop in compression - possible from cleaning cylinder deposits ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The proof is in the pudding. If your compression was 90 lbs. +/- 5 and you were getting the mileage and driveability you describe, what would you do about it?

Rebuild the motor because of what the gauge reads?

If you were getting terrible gas mileage, the car ran like dung and wouldn't start or idle, etc., I'd say you had a serious problem (or PROBLEMS) if the compression was 200 even +/- 0.001 across both sides!

Enjoy!

p.s. Kinda' reminds me about the time my Subaru indy told me I "...just might need to get the fuel injection system cleaned" and that their records never indicated that this had been done (by them?), & that the "...starter might need to be replaced" because he was "sensing a little hesitation" at lower speeds & because the engine didn't start every time he turned the key, back & forth, really fast, four or five times in a row....

Well, I'm getting 28+ mpg on the freeway on regular, the car always starts when I wiggle the key a bit, and I had just payed him $25 about a month before to (supposedly: at least he had charged me $25!) YOU GUESS! clean & lubricate the ignition cylinder
shocked.gif

When I pointed this out to him he got very quiet for a couple of seconds, then suggested it "may have been someone else's SVX that may have had those problems".

Nice try: don't use them anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back