Accord 2004 100K...switch to synthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiboi, you don't seem to be a very technical person as you keep asking the same question? It also seems that you don't trust our opinions? I see a lot of doubt!

Originally Posted By: GenXAccord

Tiboi, you may have trouble finding the Havoline locally, as the only place I have ever seen it is at an Advance Auto Part store. If you don't have one near you, perhaps you can order it from them online.

O'reilly's also carries it now.

Originally Posted By: Tiboi

Unfortunately, it is a manual transmission. Any fluid recommendation?

No Unfortunately about it, thats a good tranmission and vastly better than the automatic. 3 pedals or walk for me.

Redline MT-90 would be a good choice for that one.

This does not apply to Canadian Honda 0w20 because it's still made by Idemitsu instead of Conoco Phillips.
Any 0w20 is fine though.

Originally Posted By: virginoil
EdwardC said:
Why not use the genuine Honda 0w-20 ?.

Hi, honda doesn't publish their engine oil specs. I'm a technical person and I like to know what I am buying. If you know a web site that provide the specs, let me know please
smile.gif

Here is a VOA from the BITOG site about as close as you are going to get to a spec. Click on the link below.
13.gif

After you open the link there is another link to click onto to open in the first paragraph as it has another VOA by Terry Dyson who a runs a Lab and who was former active member for a number of years on this Forum.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3073218/1

Originally Posted By: HKPolice
This does not apply to Canadian Honda 0w20 because it's still made by Idemitsu instead of Conoco Phillips.
Any 0w20 is fine though.

EdwardC said:
Why not use the genuine Honda 0w-20 ?.

Hi, honda doesn't publish their engine oil specs. I'm a technical person and I like to know what I am buying. If you know a web site that provide the specs, let me know please
smile.gif

Here is a VOA from the BITOG site about as close as you are going to get to a spec. Click on the link below.
13.gif

After you open the link there is another link to click onto to open in the first paragraph as it has another VOA by Terry Dyson who a runs a Lab and who was former active member for a number of years on this Forum.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3073218/1

It the oil is made to Honda specs regardless of manufacturer how does that matter ?

And please enlighten me to show why the VOA is not suitable or close
13.gif
21.gif
as it is a Honda endorsed product.

I am sure the OP is interested as well.

Are the Honda specs in USA and Canada different as the borders do touch ?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: beadvised
Tiboi, you don't seem to be a very technical person as you keep asking the same question? It also seems that you don't trust our opinions? I see a lot of doubt!

be advised! you're not starting your posts with 'be advised' anymore

Originally Posted By: jrustles
Originally Posted By: beadvised

be advised! you're not starting your posts with 'be advised' anymore

Can you be a bit more ...details... about what you are saying? Your answers on this post are a bit non-sense and non-technicial.

Secondly, when you say I dont trust anybody opinions, which one are you talking about? I see on this post "MANY" different opinions.

Go take your med LOL
grin.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back