AC Delco spark plug question

Can anyone tell me the difference between an AC Delco R45TS and R45TSX plug. I can't find the X version when searching but have new ones on hand. Also if the plugs foul overtime (carbon black) and cause engine misfire might I benefit going one number colder on a stock 70 BB engine with headers?

Well I do have an MSD set up. So I guess the X makes sense but still don't understand the difference
X is for high-energy ignition (H.E.I.) used in all GM vehicles in North America circa 1975–1986, which uses a higher spark-plug voltage, which is caused by a wider spark-plug gap. The spark-plug voltage increases with the spark-plug gap, as the electrical-breakdown voltage of the air increases with the separation of the electrodes.

X is for high-energy ignition (H.E.I.) used in all GM vehicles in the US circa 1975–1986, which uses a higher spark-plug voltage, which is caused by a wider spark-plug gap. The spark-plug voltage increases with the spark-plug gap, as the electrical-breakdown voltage of the air increases with the separation of the electrodes.

So I guess the X plug would work with the MSD 85551 ignition system

Back