AC Delco oil= Formula Shell, any good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so i found out that the Ac Delco brand oil is really formula shell, is the Formula shell any good? Probably just gonna be a 3k run, 740 miles highway to start off then who knows maybe a 50/50 mix.

Originally Posted By: Petrou
Ok so i found out that the Ac Delco brand oil is really formula shell, is the Formula shell any good? Probably just gonna be a 3k run, 740 miles highway to start off then who knows maybe a 50/50 mix.

I wonder when that started. It used to be Mobil.

Nothing wrong with it. It's just SOPUS's economy brand oil. I'd sooner use Pennzoil but Shell will work okay for you.

Formula Shell and ACDelco filters have taken many cars at my Dad's shop to well over 150,000 miles.

I think the gm goodwrench stuff is mobil, at least from what i have heard, the ac delco brand is bought from a local ac delco distributor here in town.

Thanks guys, ya i dont use ac delco filters for my truck, they suck, plastic cage and all, that and when ever i use them i get some strange oil pressure readings. i just use microgaurd wix or napa brand, which two of those are the same filter, just depends on who has the better price at the time.

Originally Posted By: crazyman
AC Delco was supplied by Petro-Canada up here, but now its Shell. Been using for years, never a problem.

AFAIK, it's still PC - got any proof of your statement?

I'm curious, not being confrontational.......

the stealership told me goodwrench is made by mobil...there is no bad oil, just bad owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back