AC Delco full synthetic Dexos 5w 30

Originally Posted By: johnachak
Update... The dealer upped the price of the oil and filter change with the full synthetic and Delco filter to $39.99. I think that's still reasonable since they charge people that didn't buy their car there $89. My car takes 6 quarts.
John
I agree, that is still reasonable. No where do I know that you will get a full synthetic oil change done by someone else for that cheap. Even my local Chevy dealer charged that much when it was a Dexos 1 Gen 1 Synthetic blend.

Shaped like the Mobil Super lineup of bottles. My guess is it's re-labeled Mobil Super full synthetic, a step below Mobil 1 but still a fine oil.

My dealer said they switched from the Delco Dexos semi synthetic to the Delco Dexos Full synthetic as their standard change. I tried searching AC Delco Synthetic 5w 30 and got no where, I added full synthetic, I even just used Delco 5w 30 Dexos and I can't find anything on it. Anyone have any info, VOA, UOA or anything on it? Part# 10-9130. I was going to go with Mobil 1 but this was my last freebie oil change and full synthetic, I figured why not??
The dealer does $7 oil changes if you bought your car there. Thet said theyd still do the Delco syn Dexos for the $7.

The vehicle in question is a 2017 Chevy Traverse.
It is a solid product I use it in my 2008 Chevy HHR it has 250,000 miles on it & still runs like a champ.

that photo is from a reply in 2018...it's been a Mobil lube product since the changeover to full synthetic from synthetic blend and when GM and Mobil made up and resigned their marketing agreement...

Bill

Originally Posted By: johnachak
My dealer said they switched from the Delco Dexos semi synthetic to the Delco Dexos Full synthetic as their standard change. I tried searching AC Delco Synthetic 5w 30 and got no where, I added full synthetic, I even just used Delco 5w 30 Dexos and I can't find anything on it. Anyone have any info, VOA, UOA or anything on it? Part# 10-9130. I was going to go with Mobil 1 but this was my last freebie oil change and full synthetic, I figured why not??
The dealer does $7 oil changes if you bought your car there. Thet said theyd still do the Delco syn Dexos for the $7.

The vehicle in question is a 2017 Chevy Traverse.

looks like a mobil/exxon bottle...

That's probably what it is. FS, meets specs, and completes a standard OCI.

IMHO, I wouldn't expect extended drains though. Not at all, in fact.

Back