AC Delco Classic PF25 Oil Filter?

Does anyone have any info about the new ACDelco classic oil filter pf25.

I've seen them on eBay, summit racing, etc.
Do they fit on third-gens?

The new pf25 classic filters are white, im wondering if they are a non-ecore filter, just like back in the day, and if they fit to a third-gen, and other than a bit higher price, is there any reason why i shouldn't use them on a third-gen.

Third gen? As in an LS engine? The PF25 doesn't have a bypass valve, the older SBC has the bypass in the block, the LS engines need the filter bypass.
Im interested to know if the filter is compatible with small block Chevy engines such as the LG4/LB9/L98 engines, or if the filter is only suitable for -70's cars era.

Does anyone have any info about the new ACDelco classic oil filter pf25.

I've seen them on eBay, summit racing, etc.
Do they fit on third-gens?

The new pf25 classic filters are white, im wondering if they are a non-ecore filter, just like back in the day, and if they fit to a third-gen, and other than a bit higher price, is there any reason why i shouldn't use them on a third-gen.
I run either a PF25 or PF35 on the Camaro. I've never looked at those white painted classics to see if they're E-Core or not, but they'll will work on any LG4/LB9/L98 3rd Gen F-Body.

Last edited:
Need to find an AC-Delco vehicle application tool.
Im not certain but i believe the pf25 filter was in use on the -70's chevy engines, all the way to the -90's, but im not sure, and i have no idea if the classic white pf25 has the 13/16-16 threads, as the current blue pf454 filter, the pf25 was replaced by the pf454 filter, back in the day, im not sure, the difference being that the pf454 has an ADBV, the pf25 doesn't, if im not mistaken.

I run either a PF25 or PF35 on the Camaro. I've never looked at those white painted classics to see if they're E-Core or not, but they'll will work on any LG4/LB9/L98 3rd Gen F-Body.
Do you know if the reproduction classic pf25 has the same thread as the current blue pf454?

By looking pics of the filters, i believe the e-core filters have a flat base plate, and the non e-core have a slight dome shape to them, and im assuming that the classic pf25 is not an e-core filter, since the base plate is not flat, but i have never used or looked any closely the classic pf25 filter either, all i have seen so far are the blue e-core filters. 😐

Do you know if the reproduction classic pf25 has the same thread as the current blue pf454?

By looking pics of the filters, i believe the e-core filters have a flat base plate, and the non e-core have a slight dome shape to them, and im assuming that the classic pf25 is not an e-core filter, since the base plate is not flat, but i have never used or looked any closely the classic pf25 filter either, all i have seen so far are the blue e-core filters. 😐
Yes....same threads.

Im not certain but i believe the pf25 filter was in use on the -70's chevy engines, all the way to the -90's, but im not sure, and i have no idea if the classic white pf25 has the 13/16-16 threads, as the current blue pf454 filter, the pf25 was replaced by the pf454 filter, back in the day, im not sure, the difference being that the pf454 has an ADBV, the pf25 doesn't, if im not mistaken.
See what this says when you put your vehicle in the tool.

Back