AC Delco Brake Pad Orientation

A bit lost on the orientation of these pads. Fronts Pads

Front pads have one with a single wear indicator and one with double indicators top and bottom. I was thinking I'd put the double on the inside and single on the outside with indicators the leading edge (bottom), or should it be other way around double on the outside, or don't matter? They seem to go into the bracket fine either way.

This truck has the caliper brackets the rear of the vehicle on the rotors so the leading edge is on bottom going in forward motion on all four wheels.

Cheers.

I would put the pads with the double indicators on the non-piston side so if you have sticky slide pins that cause uneven wear, you'll get a money chime sooner.

Sweet, thanks for the tip! I'll roll with it. Worlds longest brake job about to end tomorrow lol.

The single sensor pad goes in the inboard position IIRC....the bracket is such that the sensor will only fit on either the top or the bottom, I can't remember which.

Just try the dual sensor pad in both the inboard and outboard position and install the single sensor pad where the dual sensor doesn't fit.

Back