about UOA samples being lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm planning to send a uoa sample to Blackstone in about 3 months.

a while ago, I remember reading here that several uoa samples didn't reach Blackstone, and they were lost.
has this situation normalized again? or are uoa samples still getting lost in the mail?

I sent them one week before last and didn't hear from them for five days. I sent them an e-mail to make sure they had received it and got the analysis back the next day. I've sent them six samples in all and have never actually had one lost yet.

I just took an 8K sample on my 01. I drained enough for 2 sample bottles. I filled one and did all the paper work and sealed. Then I took it to the post office and told them it was an oil sample. No problems. But if that sample is lost I have another one ready to fill and mail.

dunno.gif

I think I have sent Blackstone 7 samples all by mail in the same mail box and never had a problem until today. This was the first sample for my 2003 Toyota Camry.I can't do anything about it and I am
mad.gif
.Does anyone know how much it is to ship UPS or Fed X.

quote:

Originally posted by dropitby:
Does anyone know how much it is to ship UPS or Fed X.

For UPS and Fed-X it depends how far you are shipping it.

From Northern California to Ft Wayne was over $6 according to the UPS web page. I decided I like the post office, since I rarely have problems with them.

The Post Office is often used as a scapegoat for busnesses poor service, so don't believe everything you hear about them.

I've had long delays with Blackstone. Up to 6 weeks for a result to be sent. I attribute this to my NOT using their very SMALL info sheet that my left handed script ..it's kinda like negitive caster on a highway ...no directional stability...just butchers to no end. I just printed a sheet with all the data on it. They lost it ..but somehow managed to figure out it was mine
confused.gif
No mileage ..no oil type ..no TBN (which I requested). An email to Kristen got some of the data integrated into their records for future reference.

My UOA goes into a sealed tube, inside a larger sealed tube, in a cardboard box packed so it doesn't rattle, and sent by USPS Priority. Never had a problem. I always had concerns that a mailed tube would attract suspicion and get lost somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back