About to try out Valvoline RP , which oil filter

for my Lexus cleaning purpose , 5k oil change , since the main purpose of valvoline RP is to cleaning , which oil filter that best to catch everything.

The Fram Endurance has high efficiency and high holding capacity. More expensive, but might be worth running in this case if you want high efficiency during clean-up.

for my Lexus cleaning purpose , 5k oil change , since the main purpose of valvoline RP is to cleaning , which oil filter that best to catch everything.
No, the main purpose of Valvoline Restore & Protect is to lubricate your engine. It's motor oil. It's not a flush. It's not a solvent. It's not going to do a lot more than any other modern quality motor oil will. You're not going to have a bunch of gravel circulating around in your engine by using it necessitating using a better filter.

VL addresses overloading of the filter at manufacturers recommended intervals in the LSJR YouTube video. Apparently it was a consideration so probably nothing to worry about or change filter wise.

I’m currently using R & P with the OEM filter same as always. If I suspected a really dirty engine though I’d definitely opt to go with something higher quality and might even change it more often.

Oversize RP, Endurance, or other synthetic media (or at least quality blend media) filter. Cut it open or PM a BITOG member who can cut it open and check for excessive carbon, debris, etc.

VL addresses overloading of the filter at manufacturers recommended intervals in the LSJR YouTube video. Apparently it was a consideration so probably nothing to worry about or change filter wise.
That’s the takeaway I got from the video as well. A slow cleaning over roughly 4 OCI’s. In the Q&A section Valvoline states ( paraphrasing here ) no need to deviate from your normal OCI procedure. Im planning on 5,000 mile intervals and I’m using the AC/Delco PF30 on my 4.3 DI with their R&P oil.

Back