AAP dumpster diving oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: hallstevenson
How many people buy (2) filters at a time, cut one open first, then if acceptable construction, etc, etc, put the other one on their car ? Your favorite filter could change w/o people knowing as companies make changes for increased production, lower cost, and so on.

That'd be me.

I typically buy three. One as control for that batch's timeframe, one for the engine, one for the shelf.

With high dollar high performance marine engines that that cost as much as most peoples entire autos
I take as much care as is feasible to take before I bolt something on to them.

UD

Originally Posted By: hallstevenson
How many people buy (2) filters at a time, cut one open first, then if acceptable construction, etc, etc, put the other one on their car ? Your favorite filter could change w/o people knowing as companies make changes for increased production, lower cost, and so on.

I like to cut open a new one if I don't know much about the filter. If it looks good, I will buy the second and run the filter. I dissect all the filters post oil change to see if there are any issues brewing. If the manufacturer and part number are having issues, I move on to something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back