AAA insurance clients--is their "dividend" real?

Could you estimate about what percentage of the monthly premiums, your dividend is? Are we talking about 1%, 10%...?
I've only had AAA (Auto Club of Southern California) for 2 years. My premium dropped from $1,694 the first year to $1,298 the 2nd, but I'm not sure what went into that. It won't be until my renewal this year that I will have an idea... but... there's fewer Highway Patrol on the roads here, and accidents are up 10%+, so it still might be hard to tell on my renewal... If I see something specified as a dividend this Sept., I'll post it.

That would be helpful to know.

I've only had AAA (Auto Club of Southern California) for 2 years. My premium dropped from $1,694 the first year to $1,298 the 2nd, but I'm not sure what went into that. It won't be until my renewal this year that I will have an idea... but... there's fewer Highway Patrol on the roads here, and accidents are up 10%+, so it still might be hard to tell on my renewal... If I see something specified as a dividend this Sept., I'll post it.

I receive a dividend that's credited toward the start of each year (my insurance year starts in September). The dividend varies, just like those who are USAA members will acknowledge. I also received the reduced driving credit (for those of you whom think we can't tell the difference between a credit & a dividend) twice in 2020, even though I was still crushing over 500mi/mo.

Back