A stumbling problem

77k, that's next to new in my world, can't offer much help for the car but great job on the quit drinking, more than 20 years ago I did too, your quality of life will improve and just follow your real interest, your instinct will be the best guide, one way I think of alcohol is as someone else's idea of fun, or just poison, and now hand sanitizer too, it's of no interest.

Back to the fun stuff, the car, usually when researching I look up the year, make, model + problems (1996 Oldsmobile Ciera problems) and the first 2 returns are the car complaints and repair pal web sites, then go search some of the forums. Here's a couple of paths, sure you're already likely aware of most of this and I don't have a lot of experience with the 3.1 being Toyota is what I owned lately, not without their set of issues too. I usually throw parts at them and I like it when I can just change a part and get back to normal operation. Just to summarize what I thought helpful from the 2 links is check the fuel pump and the wiggle test from the video;

Top 1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Problems

And if really lucky there may be someone more enlightened on that motor show up and offer more guidance but it may also be that you're going to get to be the next expert.

Back