A Pair Of Beretta 92 Compacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up a pair of new Beretta 92 Compacts yesterday. I got a fantastic price on these from Gunprime. I was a bit concerned because I had never dealt with them before. I can gladly report Gunprime is good to go, and these won't be the last 2 guns I buy from them. I got an immediate E-Mail confirmation seconds after I placed the order. And hot linked updates all along the way as they moved through the system, (UPS Second Day Air). Right down to being notified at the exact minute they were delivered and signed for by my FFL. I ordered them last Friday, and they arrived yesterday morning.

These are brand new, Italian manufactured Beretta's, with fully chromed barrels. They come with 2, 13 round magazines with the pinky rest. They are D.A./S.A. with decock only safety. And they have steel guide rods. They are equipped with standard 3 dot sights, with the rear sight dovetailed. And the front sight integrally machined into the slide. It said in the ad they were military contract guns they were able to get at a good price.

I have 2 sets of Beretta Walnut grips coming from Gnarly Gorilla. And a couple of X-Grip magazine sleeves coming from Greg Cote. Both should be here in a few days. The X-Grip sleeves allow you to use full capacity 15 and 17 round model 92 magazines in the Compact Beretta's, and dress up the bottom so they're not hanging out. It's a similar arrangement to the "+ 2" design Mec-Gar uses on their 20 round Sig P-226 magazines.

Today I'm going to field strip them, and get them all lubed up for the range next week. This is the Gunprime ad if anyone is interested. As I said, this is the best price I've seen on 92 Compacts yet. And they're still showing them in stock.

https://gunprime.com/product/beretta-92fs-compact-92-fs-js92f850m/

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Excellent price indeed! I saw this pistol at Bud's earlier this year for $429. What a deal. Hope you enjoy!

The only other thing I would add, is there really isn't anything all that "compact" about these pistols. Yes, they are slightly smaller than the full size 92 / M-9 series. But they are still a fairly large pistol. I would say similar in size to the Glock 19. But certainly much larger than the "compact" Glock 26. Which is a true double stack compact 9 MM.

It doesn't bother me in the least, because I have very large hands, and I like a larger pistol. But if anyone is purchasing one of these for concealed carry purposes, you might want to consider that. There are much smaller pistols for that purpose, if that's a requirement you're after.

If you like the Beretta design, but prefer a smaller gun for CC, I would consider one of the .380 Cheetah Models. They come in single stack, as well as double stack. And they're smaller, and come in a variety of different finishes.

that happened at Cabelas KC KS. FFL closed and CZ P10C sent to Cabelas on used pricing as once it leaves a store its used. Think they are 420.00

Interesting stamping on the slide about retracting the slide to check for a loaded chamber. My 92FS Brigadier, and all the other 92s and 96s I have owned, has a loaded chamber indicator built in to the extractor. When loaded, you can feel a bump. When unloaded, it is flush to the slide. Do these not have that feature?

Originally Posted by Brigadier
Interesting stamping on the slide about retracting the slide to check for a loaded chamber. My 92FS Brigadier, and all the other 92s and 96s I have owned, has a loaded chamber indicator built in to the extractor. When loaded, you can feel a bump. When unloaded, it is flush to the slide. Do these not have that feature?

The extractor works the same. I believe the contract guns get the, "Retract Slide" stamping, along with the "Will Fire Without Magazine", banner. I have a pair of Smith & Wesson Model 5946's that were contract overrun guns, and they both have it as well.

Originally Posted by newbe46
Any plans for swapping in the D spring?

To be honest they swapped the D Spring on my Beretta / Wilson Combat Brigadier Tactical, and I didn't notice much, if any difference over my box stock 92. Then again I'm not very trigger sensitive, and I don't shoot much double action. (With the exception of my S&W 5946's which are DA only). So other than new grips and extended, extra capacity magazines, they'll stay stock.

I really like the idea whatever gun we buy, we buy two of them. One for the range and one for the collection.

In fact, buy one more for spare parts.

Originally Posted by newbe46
I really like the idea whatever gun we buy, we buy two of them. One for the range and one for the collection. In fact, buy one more for spare parts.

My reasoning behind buying 2 is more because of my wife. Now that we're retired we do a lot more together. Shooting especially.

I more or less got tired of bringing a new gun home, and having her play with it, and then have to deal with the whole, "Ohhh, that's nice! I want one too!" Song and dance. So it's easier to buy 2 right out of the starting gate. Plus it scores bonus points with the whole, "thinking of you before you asked", routine. Also, it sucks sharing a gun all the time at the range.

These are the guns with the X-Grip Magazine Sleeves installed on 15 round magazines. Giving the guns an extra 2 round capacity. They fit really well, and don't slide around after they're installed. They are molded from a firm, but pliable rubber material. And are made by FDI Industries.

They really help improve the grip for someone like myself with large hands. As you can see from the top photo showing the extra 13 round magazine shipped with the gun, they don't add much overall length compared to the 13 round magazines with the pinky rest. I'm going to order a few more of them.

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/xgrip-a...a-92fs-compact-xgrip-xgbr92c-p-1555.html

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by billt460
Plus it scores bonus points with the whole, "thinking of you before you asked", routine.

This statement couldn't be more true.

The Beretta Walnut grips came this morning, and I just finished installing them. They look 100 times better! It's unbelievable how much they richen up the gun. I'll try to get a few pics up later. Both sets were a perfect fit with the stock screws. Tomorrow I'm going to try and get both of them to the range. It's supposed to be a nice day with no wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back