A good source for Genesis wheels

In brief: Neighbor is getting a 2022 Genesis G70 "Launch car" w/31K.
It has every option including the lowest profile tires imaginable.

I've been to Trirerack.com and see they have many to choose from, but most take the same low-profile tires.
Has anyone dealt with a "known good source" for wheels which will take taller rubber?

There are a lot of wheel sites.

Our tire meters must not be calibrated the same.
looks like 18's are available stock.. and that might be the smallest size that fits over the brakes.

The replacement rotors are 13.8"

I know on my outback they are about 12.75 and 17" wheels are the smallest that reliably fit.

When I think small I see one of those golf's with 19's and 3" sidewall.

This isnt a 10 year old corolla that will fit 15's

On my Genesis Coupe I went from OE 19"s and 40 profile to 18" and 50 profile same tread width. 18" were the base size came with 45 series 225F and 245R. Currently 225/50/18 and 245/50/18. wheels are the same width front and rear which is a 1/2" wider in front than stock.

are you searching for taller rubber because he asked you to, or because you are a nosy neighbor? ;-)

Kidding...but tirerack and discounttire should be able to easily answer your question

According to discounttire, an 18" wheel is a -1, and most likely as small as you can go to fit over the brake package.

My neighbor brought it up though I'm not sure if he knew about the perils of low-profile tires or if the pitch for tire & wheel insurance alerted him.
He was very interested in my sis and BIL who, on their first outing to show off their 2018 G70, destroyed 2 wheel within an hour!

Do you go around driving like James Bond or Batman?

In brief: Neighbor is getting a 2022 Genesis G70 "Launch car" w/31K.
It has every option including the lowest profile tires imaginable.

I've been to Trirerack.com and see they have many to choose from, but most take the same low-profile tires.
Has anyone dealt with a "known good source" for wheels which will take taller rubber?

There are a lot of wheel sites.
I take it, it comes with 19" rims and 225/40 tires (255/35 in the back)?

Based on tirerack.com, he could go down to 18" rims with 225/45 tires (255/40 in the back). He'll gain about 11mm of sidewall doing that. If the pothole is big enough, he'll still damage the rim.

My neighbor brought it up though I'm not sure if he knew about the perils of low-profile tires or if the pitch for tire & wheel insurance alerted him.
He was very interested in my sis and BIL who, on their first outing to show off their 2018 G70, destroyed 2 wheel within an hour!

Do you go around driving like James Bond or Batman?

Batman ;-)
Up until a few years ago I had my son convinced I was Batman...hehehe

Back