A Darwin in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Driving home from work tonight, behind some generic-looking thing, maybe an Explorer. Sit there for a while, then I notice his gas flap is open. Oh well, no doubt he's got the interior lid screwed on.

Drive a little longer, then I notice I can see the interior lid is hanging from a little rubber strap on the outside flap, dangling in the breeze. So his gas tank is wide open. Not smart, but at least it isn't raining.

Soon after, the guy starts flicking lit cigarette butts out the window! I can see the ash sparkling on the highway. Uh... if one of those randomly blows into your gas tank, you're going to have the first real Exploder.

Should I flash my lights? He's driving kinda slowly, I figure he'll just think I'm some impatient bozo. And I don't know the universal gesture for "You're about to turn into a fireball". Do I mime a mushroom cloud as I drive past?

Eventually he turned off down an exit. I figure he's either safe or I'll read about it in the news tomorrow. Folks, if you smoke, here's a good reason to use your ashtray instead of flicking them out your window.

That's something I've never understood. I smoke, and I have never flicked a cig out the window. That's what ashtrays are for. I would hate to think I started a fire going down the road. I also don't throw my butts on the sidewalk.

Two or three years ago I was driving behind a guy in pickup. All of a sudden he launched a beer bottle through the sunroof. If it weren't from my spider reflexes, I'd probably be having only liquid meals anymore. We were going about 60 and I wasn't tailgating. I don't think that slack-jawed, window-licking cretin ever knew someone was driving behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back