9mm S&W Shield

. The average for shooting engagement by they way it Chop is 13 feet. How and H can you miss at 13 feet?
NRA says 3 shots, 3 yards, 3 seconds. I can tell you haven't instructed pistol classes...lol. Its very easy to miss a 11" x 8 " at 13ft.. Have a gun holstered and try to deliver 3 shots and hit paper with all of them (3 seconds)...and do it when you have got yourself winded to simulate stress. I dare you. And if you feel spry..do it one handed.

I practice it and can not always do it. Not ashamed to admit it. And I am pretty decent at what I do.

Last edited:
Love mine! Loved it so much I had it Magnoported, NP3 coated and had Hackathorn sights installed.

Attachments

• P1300934.JPG
    P1300934.JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 10
  • P1310062.JPG
    P1310062.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 10
  • P1310063.JPG
    P1310063.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 10
I’m the oddball. I carry a Walther PPS M2. When I bought it, it was $449. The shop had the Shield on sale at the time for $329. Still went with the Walther. But the Shield is a nice subcompact, and I definitely prefer it over the Glock 43.
706A79F4-D689-4047-84B4-7EC88F8ADE74.jpeg

L8R,
Matt

I’m the oddball. I carry a Walther PPS M2. When I bought it, it was $449. The shop had the Shield on sale at the time for $329. Still went with the Walther. But the Shield is a nice subcompact, and I definitely prefer it over the Glock 43.
View attachment 45018
L8R,
Matt
I just picked up a PPS M1 9mm as an alternate carry for my M&P Shield 9.
Have not had a chance to shoot it yet though.
Feels just a bit larger in the hand, but notice no difference when carrying.
Hopefully it shoots well.

Both my son and I owned one. I traded mine on a Glock 43. I shot his again the other day and can't for the life of me figure out why I got rid of it. Neither ever had a failure. For those of you who still have one. Don't get rid of it. Trigger stock is better than glock's. Really like it. I will still take my P365, but could certainly live with the Shield. Cheap too!!
I bought one 2 years ago with ported barrel 2 mags 8 and 7.....i bought another 8 rounds at Academy for it....I love it and use it as my carry gun if think i might need more rounds than my Smith 36.
My biggest complaint was hard the mag springs were new even with a loader it was hard getting all 8 rounds.....plus the slide was hard to rack until I put 300 rounds through it. My GF could not pull it back....and she is not that small....

I also had a shield 9mm and got rid of it. I was shooting it a lot and my wrist started acting up. ( I have a plate and 12 screws in my right wrist) I traded it for two other guns. I do regret getting rid of it. They are good guns.

Back