9mm S&W Shield

Al

Both my son and I owned one. I traded mine on a Glock 43. I shot his again the other day and can't for the life of me figure out why I got rid of it. Neither ever had a failure. For those of you who still have one. Don't get rid of it. Trigger stock is better than glock's. Really like it. I will still take my P365, but could certainly live with the Shield. Cheap too!!

My wife picked one up a few months ago for her concealed carry. It's a great gun that shoots well but still conceals well. I like it better than my SR9.

my shield (bought @ 18 months ago) has outlasted other 9mm's that have come and gone...

Just shot a Shield (an EZ, 9mm, grip safety) a few days ago. It’s a good choice. Good trigger. Good feel. As accurate as a compact can be, I think. It shot well for me.
i’m a revolver guy from way back, due to a lousy experience with a clapped out ww2 45acp semiauto pistol in basic training in 1972. i do have a s&w shield ez 380acp. i prefer 380acp over 9mm for its lighter recoil. the ez line of pistols is truly excellent, easy in all respects (shooting, handling, field stripping, loading, safety), though a tad large to serve as a discreet ccw. if s&w were to offer a mini ez in 32acp it would be a great pocket ccw. a s&w shield ez should be at the top of any semiauto pistol shopper’s list.

I have three of them (two v1.0 and one v2.0) and they have been very reliable and great to shoot. I tried the Glock 43 and I found (even with my large hands) that it was "sharp" to shoot and after 100 rounds or so, it was not enjoyable. I have a fairly large Glock stable, but the S&W M&P 2.0 models (full, compact, and sub-compact) remain one of my favorite pistol families. Before the madness set in, they were sub-$400 pistols and for that price, nothing else comes close.

Both my son and I owned one. I traded mine on a Glock 43. I shot his again the other day and can't for the life of me figure out why I got rid of it. Neither ever had a failure. For those of you who still have one. Don't get rid of it. Trigger stock is better than glock's. Really like it. I will still take my P365, but could certainly live with the Shield. Cheap too!!
I bought one, and fell in love with it. I sold my Glock 23, and replaced it with a M&P in 40C. Love both of them.

I know two guys who CCW that have only one gun, both Shields in 9mm. Neither have any plans to change. My son in law is looking at his first CCW on the Shield is on his short list with G43 and the usual suspects. I told him to get the Shield.

I don't own one but have shot them more than I shoot the Kahr that I have . The Shield is my favorite in its class.

I don't own one but have shot them more than I shoot the Kahr that I have . The Shield is my favorite in its class.

Kinda off topic, but which Kahr do you have, and how do you like it? A few years ago, when I decided to buy a subcompact for pocket carry, I did some research and ended up between the PM9/CM9 and the Sig P938.

I ended up buying the Sig, but, the couple of times I've shot a Kahr PM9, I really liked it. I found it very easy to hit with consistently, thanks to the long, smooth trigger that feels very much like a good double-action revolver trigger.

I bought a PM 9 years ago as a trade in for cheap when my friend owned a gun shop. It is a nice pistol and very accurate . I100% agree with your opinion on the Kahr.

Kahrs are a bit quirky, I've had two that were great and another that was a pain. If you get a good one (most are) enjoy it. I carry a Kahr .380 almost constantly it is so small and comfortable it's like having your wallet you don't even think about it. Mine has been completely reliable but like anything others have not been so fortunate.

Many Kahr issues are caused by guys trying to rack by hand to load. Kahr even tells you not to do that but many still do then wonder why they have problems. Kahr recoil springs are really stiff so some people inadvertently cause issues trying to load by hand.

I bought one as my first gun a few months ago. Misfired after it's 5th shot. Emptied, re-loaded, & tried again. Two more shots, then misfire. Technician took it into the shop & discovered it was missing some kind of pin from the factory. Not the firing pin, but some other pin that's part of the mechanism. Makes me wonder how it fire more than one shot before misfiring. Traded it in on the spot for a Walther Creed. It fits my hand better anyway, and it works. I wouldn't have expected something like this from S&W.

My Kahr was sent to the factory for some problem the next day it was traded at the gun shop.

The trigger on the old PC shield I’ve shot isn’t great, but by Glock standards, it’s not terrible either. It has a funny hinge or something in it that make it feel strange.

But by all reviews and experience I’ve had, it’s a very reliable option. I always thought the hand feel was good.

Kahrs are a bit quirky, I've had two that were great and another that was a pain. If you get a good one (most are) enjoy it. I carry a Kahr .380 almost constantly it is so small and comfortable it's like having your wallet you don't even think about it. Mine has been completely reliable but like anything others have not been so fortunate.

Many Kahr issues are caused by guys trying to rack by hand to load. Kahr even tells you not to do that but many still do then wonder why they have problems. Kahr recoil springs are really stiff so some people inadvertently cause issues trying to load by hand.
Please explain what this means.

Please explain what this means.

Kahr says in the owner’s manual to use the slide stop lever to drop the slide and load a round, instead of “slingshotting” it by hand.

I suppose they’re aiming for consistency that way.

My guess is that a proper slingshot slide drop would result in no problems. But, I’m sure you guys have seen people at the range, as I have, not doing it right, and “easing” the slide forward.

my shield 1.0 is my EDC carry gun. got it for $250 with 3 mags. it replaced my kahr CW9 . the shield has been 100%reliable as has my Kahr. accuracy wise the Kahr is more accurate in my hands. yes with the Kahrs the first round from a full mag should be loaded with the slide open and slide stop .

when i bought my sheild made in 2016, it had a propensity to guppy fired cases. i was concerned , but i knew SW had great CS and contacted SW and they sent me a label to send it back. They replace the barrel with a new one and no longer guppy . took a couple of weeks.

the rage now is the sig 365. i have a few freinds that have them and i shot them . they are ok, but not worth twice the price i paid for my sheild. i carry 2 extra mags with my sheild and stats tell me even one mag in the gun is enough for the average self defense scenario. when i feel i need more i strap on my G19 and 2 extra mags.

Back