99 Chevy Tracker, Redline 10w30, 8,910 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first uao I've done on this car. This is also the first and last run of redline. It's had amsoil most of its life with a few dinos mixed in. My intervals with amsoil are between 5 and 10,000 miles. I've always kept the dino under 5,000. Oil filter was a purolater Premium Plus.

Blackstone comments, We found high lead. Lead is from bearings, at this level it shows they are wearing poorly. All other where looks good. Perhaps a few short 4000 mile runs to clean it out. TBN was 2.4. The oil was in good condition, no fuel, moisture, coolent that would explain the excess wear.

My thoughts, I'm not to conserned about the lead yet. It seems like redline and lead are pretty common. So I will see how the amsoil 5w30 in it now do.

AL 3
CR 0
FE 4
CU 2
PB 9
Tin 0
MO 613
NI 0
Silver 0
Titanium 0
Potassium 3
Boron 20
SI 12
SO 17
CA 2541
Mag 13
Phos 962
Zinc 1110
Barium 0

Vis 64.8
Flash 390
fuel antifreeze 0
water 0
Insolubles 0.4
TBN 2.4

I do not recommend switching back and forth between RL and Amsoil, since their additive chemistry is so different. The first time you run RL you will almost always see a spike in Pb and Cu, but this goes away with continued use.

TS

I'm not familiar enough with the Tracker, what engine does it have?
What air filter was used?
Why not run another interval with Redline? Has the oil already been changed?
I assume the 'SO' is sodium? FYI, the normal abbreviation is the chemical symbol which is Na.

I don't really plan on switching back and forth. I got this redline on clearance at advance auto for 2.99 a quart. I plan on sticking with amsoil. Hopefully the lead will come down. I will leave this amsoil in for 10,000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back