96 Pathfinder Replacement Shocks - Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
For replacement shocks, KYB's are quite good.

If you wanted something more agressive bilstein is by far the best you can buy. Slightly firmer ride though. $$$ but virtually indestructible.

What kind of struts do you have in the front?

I've been doing some research on struts and shocks as my own car is need of them.

Monroe Sensa-Trac Truck Shock Absorbers or KYB GR-2 shock absorbers would be a good choice if you wanted an OE-like ride. The KYB Gas-A-Just would be give you a stiffer ride, but better handling.

If you can wait, Monroe usually offers a buy 3, get 1 free promotion in April or May.

Thats right..I forgot monroe. Theyre decent as well.

If youre only doing the rears, I would try and match what you have up front in terms of ride quality.

Like the critic said. KYB's or Monroes.

I have KYB struts on the front and KYB Gas -A- Just on the rear. Put them on 5 years ago / 50k miles.

Originally Posted By: mckennaiii
I have KYB struts on the front and KYB Gas -A- Just on the rear. Put them on 5 years ago / 50k miles.

How do you know that they're worn out? Where did you buy them from? Some vendors will allow your to exchange worn out KYB struts for new ones, even though KYB's warranty does not cover normal wear.

I've heard the basic bounce test is viable. Basically push down on the front or rear of the car repeated.y, and get the suspension working then release. If the car continues to bounce more than one or two strokes, the shocks could be weak. Also, obvious signs like oil leakage or noise.

Ive heard though, that even small amounts of oil on the shock are considered normal for a lot of brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back