FCS Shocks and Struts

Does anyone have recent experience with FCS Shocks and Struts?

The Rear Shocks on my Prius are leaking and the FCS replacements are absurdly cheap. They are easy to swap, so I don't mind experimenting....but am curious how spectacular are.

This might help, IDK! I didn't read any responses in the thread. You(or even I) may have even commented back then in 2021

The FCS quick struts I put on the rear of an Impreza were very lightweight compared to what came off.

I don't know where they were cutting corners -- probably everywhere?? -- but the difference was readily noticeable.

This may ultimately not be a problem but I mention because I'd be curious if you find this, too, if you try them.

Based upon the weight alone I've avoided FCS ever since so I don't have any other experiences

I put them on a Honda CRV - on a smooth road you can feel a hop. I suppose it could be a tire issue, but I really don't like them.

I've used them a few times for customers on a budget/selling the car soon deals. The first set was on a 2005 CTS. The struts went on fine but the rear shocks I had to do a little "adjustments" to make them fit as they were build off clocked slightly where they didn't align right. With that being said that was 4 yrs ago and the customer says they still ride good. I just recently installed a set of 4 on a 2005 T-bird last month- fit perfect and drive great. I think they improved vastly over the years so they are a viable option if shopping for low cost.

I would not condemn the whole entire brand like anything else now a days, from the posts it seems Quality is hit or miss. It appear the ones I got were good quality, they have outlasted the Monroe OEM spectrums that I installed on a different vehicle. They are a budget option like anything else.

Reactions: RAR
Back