'95 Lesabre opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently bought my dad a 95 lesabre with 51k miles on it. The engine seems to run great but I'm really not sure how well it has been taken care of in the past. I have run a bottle of autorx in it for 2.5k miles and dino for another 3k miles. It does have a very leak somewhere. I'm really tempted to run PP to really clean up the engine but really afraid of worsening the leak. On the other hand, maxlife maybe a great option in this case. What do you guys think?

I would run the MaxLife at your next OC that way your not out anything if the seal conditioners don't fix the problem.

That's what I'm thinking. Run maxlife to see if it will help with the leak. This will be the first time I'm using maxlife. I have heard so many great things about it.

Well, I used maxlife today. Didn't realize that the oil cap recommended 10w-30. I put in 5w-30 today instead. I'm sure it'll be fine.

MaxLife 5w30 will work just fine...I've used it for a few years now amd I'm very satisfied.

A 15 year old car with only 50k miles on it? Man, that's like barely over 3 k miles a year! Nice score, presuming it's been well cared for.

On topic, use a product that will fit your OCI plan and duration. If you're not going to drive it much, and OCI often, I see no sense in spending a lot of money for synthetics. The HM oils do a nice job on older vehicles. I've run Pnz HM in my wife's 1995 Villager after an ARX treatment, and it was fine. I've also run other group III such as SynPower and PP. To be honest, I've not see much difference.

If you're going to OCI on a fairly conservative basis, save your money and use whatever brand of HM you can find on sale. If you plan to drive longer OCIs, then the syn's are worth the extra cost if you can get the ROI to work out.

Last edited:
Great Score uncrx2003! I would love to find a vehicle like that. Especially in the south. My BIL has a LeSabre cousin...95 Olds 88 w/3.8L and 170,000 miles on it. He uses 15W40 HDEO here in the north, winter and summer.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Great Score uncrx2003! I would love to find a vehicle like that. Especially in the south. My BIL has a LeSabre cousin...95 Olds 88 w/3.8L and 170,000 miles on it. He uses 15W40 HDEO here in the north, winter and summer.

Wow! 15w-40? I don't think I would ever put something that thick in that car. That's pretty amazing. I have been told that the 3.8l is bullet proof. I hope that this car will last a while for him. Just replaced water pump, serpentine belt, and thermostat for him. For a car this age, it's kind of expected. Will do the brakes next. Otherwise the engine is super smooth. One of my best friends dad had 2 of these lesabre and both of them had over 250k on it before he sold them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back