89 gsxr 750 calls for 10w40...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like synthetics in everything.

I run M1 15-50 in my 1200 Bandit. Seems to work well. Definitely shifts better than with the earlier dino fill. Gets rave reviews from users, at least at the Bandit forum.

Shell RTS 5-40, at least the CI-4+ stuff (haven't seen any of the CJ-4 formulation yet), is worshipped by many at the V-Strom forums.

There are a number of MC specific synthetic 10-40's out there to choose from, should you choose to stick with 10-40. Somewhere in the UOA/VOA section is a Blackstone report I posted on Castrol Actevo 10-40. Seemed pretty ho-hum to the guys here. I'm looking at M1 10-40 for my V-Strom when my stock of Actevo is depleted.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: daves66nova
Any other "better" choice? Like going to synthetic and a thinner oil? which one?

Your GSXR750 is air and oil cooled. I wouldn't go thinner than the SAE40 on the warm temperature end.

Yeah, not a good idea on an air cooled bike in the summer...Stick with the weight the manual calls for and go by the temp chart if it has one...It seems like a conventional 15W40 HDEO or mobil 1 15W50 would a better option...

Originally Posted By: whitesands
Yeah, not a good idea on an air cooled bike in the summer...Stick with the weight the manual calls for and go by the temp chart if it has one...It seems like a conventional 15W40 HDEO or mobil 1 15W50 would a better option...

X2

15w40, 15w50, 20w50 would be my choices besides 10w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back