61k - Time to replace coolant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, need 8 quarts of it.

Pink is 50/50 so $20.89 a gallon x 2 = too much.
48.gif

I'll use $11 of Peak Global and .79 per gallon of distilled water. I bought 6 gallons of the distilled water for flush.

So $16 total for the job.

Thanks and take care, Bill

I wimped out and let the guys flush my system today for $50. I used to flush my own but didn't feel like fooling around with recycling coolant, etc., but maybe next time I'll do it anyway to save $$. I'm a little out of practice.

I had Peak with the many flags on the label. Is this Peak "Global"? I didn't notice "Global" on the label anywhere.

I also had distilled water for them to add to it at 50/50 ratio.

How many drains of used coolant do you catch to recycle? :)

The man at the shop left about 1/2 gallon o the Peak AF in my trunk, with about 1/2 gallon of distilled water. so he must have added only about a gallon of 50/50 mix, and the total capacity of the system is about 6 quarts, so I tend to think he left 2 qts of diluted old AF in there. He added city water to flush it.

I'm thinking about buying more Peak and distilled water and flushing it again, myself. Do you guys usually open the block drain when you do this? I haven't found out exactly where it is yet, or if I'd be able to loosen it myself. I think if the man at the shop had, he would've been able to add the full 6 qts of 50/50 mix into my car.

Should I or shouldn't I flush it again? And if so, how much of it do I need to recycle? I don't want to pollute. TIA.

Lurch

Originally Posted By: Lurch
I had Peak with the many flags on the label. Is this Peak "Global"? I didn't notice "Global" on the label anywhere.

If the bottle was gold, it was Global, if Blue, it was the Dex-clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back