6 or 12 Month OCI Castrol Edge <5k Miles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can "probably" change it once a year or 5K miles, maybe even go longer. I'd run the oil a year, then either pull a sample via the dipstick, or change it and send it out for analysis. Then base my OCI on actual data, not a guess.

Sub 10K miles in a year, once a year oil change, else if the rate of driving is exceeding 10K per year, I change it every 5K. I would stick to one of those methods to keep your head easy. My car, I do it every 5K as it's a daily driver. The significant other's car, I do it once a year as it's a short trip vehicle. Easy numbers, either every 5K or every year. It helps with the other maintenance items as well due to easy scheduling, such as air filter change, tire rotation, cabin air filter, etc.

Yes oil stash gets too big,but a deal is so good you pullthe trigger anyway.just the bitog way. It is cheap pleasure,almost like free 🺠.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
You can "probably" change it once a year or 5K miles, maybe even go longer. I'd run the oil a year, then either pull a sample via the dipstick, or change it and send it out for analysis. Then base my OCI on actual data, not a guess.

This is what I'm going to do.

If you throw away good synthetic oil, it's still a waste of good oil no matter which way you look at it.
Even if you got it for $5 or got it for free. It's still wasteful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back