5W30 Humor

Wow, if we could travel, that’s almost enough to get me back over..! That’s some price for 18 shrimp..
I moved back to La. in 2012 after living in Tampa, FL. for 25 years (1987-2012). That was the 1st ever po-boy I have eaten from that store. Oh, I did count the shrimp. They looked like 25/30 per lb.
We usually eat our shrimp po-boys here in La. with lettuce, tomato, and Remoulade sauce (I don't eat tomatoes).

Tuesday it began snowing here in La. Wednesday it snowed some and sleeted some. Temperatures got as low as 6* F overnight. We lost power Wednesday night until Friday morning. The high temperature Thursday was 21* F with a real feel of 9* F. The wind was gusting up to 20 mph.
Thursday afternoon. l wanted to start my truck and charge my phone. It started fine, no startup noises. After sitting in the nice warm heat for about 45 minutes my cousin called and asked what l was doing. I told him l wanted to charge my phone and get warm. He told me l was taking a HUGE risk starting my engine in this cold weather with 5W30 synthetic oil in it. I'm not going to go into detail about what my response was but he kept swearing up and down that l was wrong and l was lucky that l had not ruined my engine. :D
Heck,I started my 0W20 spec'd Accord in 4F last week with 10W30 in the engine. Started right up without a single issue. (y)

Tuesday it began snowing here in La. Wednesday it snowed some and sleeted some. Temperatures got as low as 6* F overnight. We lost power Wednesday night until Friday morning. The high temperature Thursday was 21* F with a real feel of 9* F. The wind was gusting up to 20 mph.
Thursday afternoon. l wanted to start my truck and charge my phone. It started fine, no startup noises. After sitting in the nice warm heat for about 45 minutes my cousin called and asked what l was doing. I told him l wanted to charge my phone and get warm. He told me l was taking a HUGE risk starting my engine in this cold weather with 5W30 synthetic oil in it. I'm not going to go into detail about what my response was but he kept swearing up and down that l was wrong and l was lucky that l had not ruined my engine. :D
I'm surprised it even started with that 5W30 molasses in the oil pan.

I'm surprised it even started with that 5W30 molasses in the oil pan.
His F150 and his wife's Lincoln MKZ are parked in a covered garage where the temps are probably (I'm guessing) 20* F warmer than outside. He wouldn't even let her go start her car when their power was out! And, she wanted to lift the garage door a bit as to not die from co2 poisoning! 😁

His F150 and his wife's Lincoln MKZ are parked in a covered garage where the temps are probably (I'm guessing) 20* F warmer than outside. He wouldn't even let her go start her car when their power was out! And, she wanted to lift the garage door a bit as to not die from co2 poisoning! 😁
You'd need the garage door open more than "a bit" to be totally safe.

Z, I was just replying as to what she told me.
I know ... I was using "you'd" meaning anyone reading the comment. I've seen someone pass out from exhaust fumes in a garage even with the door open. Wind was probably blowing in, so fumes remained in the garage. Just sayin'.

I know ... I was using "you'd" meaning anyone reading the comment. I've seen someone pass out from exhaust fumes in a garage even with the door open. Wind was probably blowing in, so fumes remained in the garage. Just sayin'.
I understand. :)
Hey, why don't/haven't you ever post/posted a pic of your Z06?

^^^ Here ya go ... Electron Blue Metallic. That's my work buddies beater blue Z-28 IROC in the background. I don't have any pix of the FL-820S conversion kit, lol.

Z06 (1).jpg

At the Boeing Museum of Flight.

ZeeHarrier.jpg

Last edited:
That’s like 360 days a year in La and/or Florida? :)
I should have been more specific; weekends when I wasn't detailing vehicles, working around my shop, doing house things, or when the sun was out and it wasn't cloudy. Clouds=rain. Nice, restored classic vehicles don't do well in rain, IMO. ;) :)

Back