5W30 Humor

You can let him know I started my 2012 Cummins powered Ram yesterday at work in 10F. It has Mobil Delvac 15W40 in the crankcase. It was a little slow to crank but fired right up and idled away at 1000RPM like normal at 10F. Grid heater cycled a few times, exhaust brake on and in less than 5 minutes I was driving home.

If your cousin's theory was true us "northerner's" would never leave home from December until March... :ROFLMAO:

Just my $0.02
Man, I could tell you some of his theories that would knock your socks off! 🤣

Just like on your Vette. I won't tell about the filter adapter you installed on it to run the 820S EXCLUSIVELY!
OOPS, did I just let the cat out of the bag? 😁
That's right ... I wanted to ensure very low filter delta-p, and big tears ensure that, lol. (y) 😁

Oh man, l'm on my phone because we still don't have cable and internet. It would take too long for me to type it. But, he ONLY uses FRAM oil filters because he said those are the oil filters John Force uses. Need l say more? :rolleyes: :D
Hmmm … I think John Force is an amazing guy still in it at his age … family and all …
But a reason to pick Fram is lost on me 🤷‍♂️

Hmmm … I think John Force is an amazing guy still in it at his age … family and all …
It's obviously a special racing filter ... doubt he went to Walmart before the races to get an oil filter. :D

He came to visit me in FL. 2009. I had tickets to the Gator Nationals in 2009, with pit passes. I did point out the fact that ALL top fuel and funny car dragsters engines were using FRAM filters. That only encouraged him more so. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4WD
He came to visit me in FL. 2009. I had tickets to the Gator Nationals in 2009, with pit passes. I did point out the fact that ALL top fuel and funny car dragsters engines were using FRAM filters. That only encouraged him more so. :rolleyes:
Oh, and I think JF lost to Ron Capps. That's the 2nd time I had been to the GN's. I used to geaux to the Cajun Nationals when it was on the NHRA circuit.

I don't know much about turbos. Just enough to keep me from drowning. He owns a 2018 F150 with the 3.5 EB. He runs PYB 5W30. Is PYB now a semi synthetic? I thought it was still a conventional oil. If he/someone were to run 5W30 conventional oil in an EB, would it harm the turbos? AKA- "COKING" the turbos?

He would be disheartened to hear that most aren't using FRAM filters now.

Visited that great place in 2013. Hot and humid as hell (June), but ate my weight in oysters and po’boys...I won’t even mention the amount of beer that was drunk..
I ate a shrimp po-boy last night from the little store/diner in my town (village-population 300+/-). It was on a 10" piece of French bread with 18 shrimp on it. That's A LOT of shrimp. $7.99+tax ($8.77). C'est Si Bon!

Back