5W20 Synthetic

With a certified 100k warranty can you perform your own oil changes? My friends say Nissan and Honda with a warranty similar to yours don’t allow for that.

Valvoline is a great choice there’s many great synthetics out there.. Mobil, pennzoil, castrol super tech. Factory fill may be pennzoil.. you can also ask the dealer service department what they use in bulk.

Yes, they said as long as I have documentation for each change noting date and mileage.

Documentation is pretty easy these days. I buy the oil and filter and take pictures of them along with the receipts. I keep all that organized on my iPhone.

I believe most automakers will honor that. There are exceptions of course.

4qts 5W20 Valvoline advanced Syn (8.3cSt @100°C) + 3qts 5W30 Valvoline Advanced Syn (10.5cSt @100°C) = A nice 9.17cSt mixture. That should fix you right up!!!

Lol how on earth 5w30 can cause any issues? There was no engine failure due to 5w30 ever

I bought a 2020 Ram 1500 Hemi a few months ago. I have the standard 5 yr/60K powertrain warranty and I also prefer to use the recommended 5w20. After much research, including the BITOG and Ram forums, I decided on Shell Rosella Gas Truck 5w20 and an early OC. I think it has a good additive package for the engine and is MS-6395 compliant. Viscosity 100°C cSt is 8.7. Only time will tell how well it does but it might be worth checking out.

I bought a 2020 Ram 1500 Hemi a few months ago. I have the standard 5 yr/60K powertrain warranty and I also prefer to use the recommended 5w20. After much research, including the BITOG and Ram forums, I decided on Shell Rosella Gas Truck 5w20 and an early OC. I think it has a good additive package for the engine and is MS-6395 compliant. Viscosity 100°C cSt is 8.7. Only time will tell how well it does but it might be worth checking out.
Edit: That's Rotella of course.

i'm rather certain any modern oil that's designed for gas engiens will work just fine. i'm a fan of super tech, and valvoline. sometimes you get get the Valvoline stuff from walmart, 3 5qt jugs for 30$. i run 5/30 in all my gas engines. even the ones calling for 0/20.

Here you go again. So, I'll ask again. Have you found it to be out of grade?
I don't have a magic stone, I have VOAs here showing very thin VIRGIN PUP 5w30. If it starts at 9.3, in my engine (short trippper, cold winters...) after 5k miles what will it end at?

I don't have a magic stone, I have VOAs here showing very thin VIRGIN PUP 5w30. If it starts at 9.3, in my engine (short trippper, cold winters...) after 5k miles what will it end at?
So the answer is no, you haven't found it to be out of grade, either virgin or used. Yet you continue to throw shade at it. Interesting. Only on BITOG, I suppose.

My 2019 Hemi gets the Havoline ProDs 5w-20 in a 6 qt box... order them 3 boxes at a time, ship to house for free..change oil and filter every 5k miles on all my vehicles and motorcycle..

Last edited:
Back