5W-20 recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
You already run Synergyn 0w-20, no? Too rich?

Of the oils you listed I like Ford's Motorcraft best only because we know more about it than the others. It sure works great in msparks truck. Be sure to get an oil that has Ford and/or Honda approval. I know the Pennzoil and Motorcraft do. I'm not sure about the other two.

Mobil's tech help has told me that their Drive Clean 5w-20 has all group III basestocks. It has unimpressive specs but I think Honda uses it as break-in oil and it works well.

Royal Purple's 5w-20 returned excellent analysis results in a Ford Explorer:

http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000482#000000

Redline's 5w-20 has the highest HTHS--3.2cP.

I'm getting great gas mileage with Mobil 1 0w-20, and my car doesn't burn it like it did M1 0w-30.

Tenderloin- I have been using motorcraft 5w-20 and so far all the reports have been good. My truck doesn't burn any oil, the oil has been through a lot (very cold temps and some heavy towing). I change around 3000 miles and have yet to see any problems.

Jay- Don't know if there is a user named msparks but was wondering if you mean mscales. If there is a msparks I would like to know so I can take a look at his reports. I was also wondering where you were able to find M1 0w-20. I have been looking and am very interested in giving it a try in my truck. I think I have enough of a baseline on the motorcraft to catch any problems with the M1.

Thanks

quote:

Originally posted by Jay:
It sure works great in msparks truck.

Apologies to you, mscales, and msparks. I got you mixed up.
bowdown.gif

You already run Synergyn 0w-20, no?

Jay I still use it and highly recommend it. My son has a friend with a Focus and wants a lower cost alternative.

quote:

Originally posted by Mscales:
...I was also wondering where you were able to find M1 0w-20. I have been looking and am very interested in giving it a try in my truck. I think I have enough of a baseline on the motorcraft to catch any problems with the M1...

I had to mail-order it from the East coast, but I understand that it's showing up in some WalMarts. Maybe someone from your area can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back