50/50 Redline 75w90NS/MTL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys, i had never have such smooth shift before until i change out my RP 75w90 maxgear today to 50/50 Redline 75w90NS/MTL on my 01 Honda.
The reason why i choose 75w90NS instead of MT-90 was because 75w90NS does not contain friction modifiers for limited-slip hypoid. This indeed does makes the transmission synchronizers come to equal speeds more quickly.
oh fyi Dave did mention that the 75w90NS GL-5 are non-corrosive to brass, bronze or copper.

Actually Dave from Redline recommend MTL for my Honda, but i feel that maybe with a mixture of non-friction modifier fluid like 75w90NS, it will improve the synchronizer speed better.
Well it works much better than i expected.
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Wouldn't a manual tranny gear oil, like the MTL, also NOT include friction modifiers since its intended purpose is for synchronized manual trannies?????

Whats the fluid requirement for the Honda?

quote:

but i feel that maybe with a mixture of non-friction modifier fluid like 75w90NS, it will improve the synchronizer speed better.

Friction modifiers or enhancer are NOT THE SAME additive compounds for Manual Transmissions and Differentials.

I.E., the friction modifier or friction enhancer for differentials is much different than the friction modifier or friction enhancer for manual transmissions.

But i do get raid of the slight grinding noise when changing to reverse gear. High speed down shifting improve alot compare to my last rp max-gear.

I have used 1qt MTL and 1qt 75-90 NS for over 50k in my Toyota Echo. Couldn't be more happy. Shifts better than any other gear oil I had used. I read about that combination on this board somewhere and just happened to have those 2 grades at home when I was doing a 30k service. I have also extended the OCI to 60k after the initial 30k run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back