4l80e reverse line pressure

EVH

I have a 4wd 80e with a d3 transbrake built at a local shop rated to 1500hp for a truck I’m building. I got it back in the truck and when starting for the first time I put a 0-300 psi gauge on it to verify line pressure. I’m getting a solid 200psi in every forward gear, park, neutral, and with trans brake applied. When shifting to reverse even before pressing the transbrake button it drops immediately to 50psi when cold but as the oil warms up I’ve seen it as low as 25. I drove it a bit and everything else seems to be working fine and shifting as it should. No issues in 3rd and engine braking in 1st.

the builder said to pull it and bring it back for them to look for issues but if possible I’d like to find the problem without pulling the trans back out (long shot I’m sure). I’ve pulled the valve body and checked over the reverse servo. But anything I’ve looked at so far doesn’t point toward a major internal leak.

Could someone point me in the direction of some stuff I could check over while I’m in here? The trans controller has adjustments for line pressure on the forward gears but nothing for reverse, could it be that somehow it’s defaulting to bypass the pressure?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I sent you a pm on that but I’m no transmission builder so I’m trying to figure this out taking it apart and just inspecting it. But I am confident they knew what they were doing, I was just hoping to find something small that was overlooked in assembly.

Back