400 Bucks For Hoses and Flush from Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
$400 for hoses? They must have been running a wallet flusher special at the stealership..

lol.gif

Does not surprize me either, though. It is a dealer after all, and how many hoses are involved? If you're talking all of your coolant hoses (there can be lots of little ones too, from cabin heater hoses to throttle-bore heater hoses), it adds up fast..

Originally Posted By: Virtuoso
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
$400 for hoses? They must have been running a wallet flusher special at the stealership..
LOL:

Does not surprize me either, though. It is a dealer after all, and how many hoses are involved? If you're talking all of your coolant hoses (there can be lots of little ones too, from cabin heater hoses to throttle-bore heater hoses), it adds up fast..

Actually he said it would be for the upper and lower hoses ONLY and a flush...Sounds like a big time wallet flusher to me.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
The dealership that I bought my Silverado from has never... and I mean NEVER... suggested that I "need" or "need to do" anything additional to my truck.

And it has been in the service lane several time for warranty work over the years.

Yep. It is kinda nice.

That's been my experience as well. I've asked for services and they've given advice on why NOT to do it at that time, etc.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE

Actually he said it would be for the upper and lower hoses ONLY and a flush...Sounds like a big time wallet flusher to me.

Your CV wasn't what they were trying to hose.
13.gif

Originally Posted By: bigmike
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
The dealership that I bought my Silverado from has never... and I mean NEVER... suggested that I "need" or "need to do" anything additional to my truck.

And it has been in the service lane several time for warranty work over the years.

Yep. It is kinda nice.

That's been my experience as well. I've asked for services and they've given advice on why NOT to do it at that time, etc.

When I lived in NYC I found the Ford dealers in New Jersey to be awesome...I was using Town Motors in Englewood New Jersey....They treated me the exact same way as bigmike and mrsilv04...They just did what they had to do and never tried to up-sell me anything...My buddy uses Wayne Lincoln Mercury in Wayne New Jersey and says they are awesome also...But down here it's a different story....Unless you tell the service donkey not to up-sell you anything they will blank all over you big time down here...I did not have to do that with the Ford dealers in New Jersey as they were the best to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back