4,541 mi Mahle OC 614 Cut Open

As a follow up to my virgin filter cut open here
This is a Mahle OC 614 changed at a little over 4,500miles. Oil of choice at this change was Phillips 66 Shield Choice 5w20. As per my conversation with mahle they rate these filters up to 10k which I have no doubts this thing can go that far. This isnt even half of their reccomendation and it looks amazing, and at a 95% @ 20 microns efficiency rating, this 3$,filter is what the Purolator made 9$ MOPAR filter should try and be. If you are looking for OEM replacement that isn't gonna break the bank for your Hemi or Tigershark engines, i suggest this.

The only thing that would make this filter better IMO is a Silicone ADBV.

This cross references with
Fram 10060
Wix 57060
Purolator L12222
AC Delco PF48
Mopar MO 339

Enjoy. Filter was purchased from rockauto.

Last edited:
Outside

20200429_163058_HDR.jpg

20200429_163659_HDR.jpg

Date code: Probably Week 27 of 2018 is my guess. Looks pretty decently built, thanks for the C&P.

Thanks for the C&P. Mahle knows how to do pleat spacing properly. I have a Cut open Mahle OC330 from Rockauto and it looks similar to that.

Originally Posted by oilboy123
I have bought a few of the Mahle. Looks decent. But what I want to know is how you cut the filter so neatly open?

Tin snips..

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
Thanks for the C&P.
Weld it up and give it to one of the many members here that use the same oil filter for multiple OCI's.
crackmeup2.gif

Nah id just sell it as a cartridge filter. ...„

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
How do you do it so nice with tin snips? How is it started?

I remove the gasket prior. Usually a crude cut at first then a cleaner easier cut after. I place a flat head screwdriver in the center tube when done to pop the element out afterwards.

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
How do you do it so nice with tin snips? How is it started?

I remove the gasket prior. Usually a crude cut at first then a cleaner easier cut after. I place a flat head screwdriver in the center tube when done to pop the element out afterwards.
ingenious!

Back