3rd gen Ford Fusion transmission reliability...

Well at least it's not a DCT like they used in the Focus and Fiesta :ROFLMAO:

What's wrong with a 2013-15 Accord? They are just as good as the 16-17 models.
Do you like the Camry? Can't go wrong with Toyota

A non-turbo Malibu should suit your needs and be easier to find than the Accord. There is also the Regal

We ended up purchasing a new 2020 VW Jetta, but I was avoiding the 2013-2015 simply because of age and body style. I prefer the 9.5 gen Accord.

My 2011 Escape XLT had its fluid changed at 50,000 intervals but at 185,000 it burned up...started to hard shift then slipping...then nothing. Made the mistake of letting a Mr Transmission chain shop do the rebuild. I think mine was the 1st 6F35 they did...why?? They burned up the 1st rebuild! Took them 2 MONTHS to get it back to me....12 month or 12000 warranty ticked away and it was already shifting hard, usually on deaccel before warranty ran out...I moved to NOLA, 4 hours from where I was in SETX, for new job and no local shop that's part of the chain (****). Fluid is ok, but it still shifts hard at times...should I be worried?? I'm trying to find a local shop that can reset the TCM since I've been told and viewed videos that show it needs to be and Ford charges 2 grand for the software,so I'm told. I'm at 205000 miles and the engine, while it has an oil leak, still gets 35+ mpg on the highway. I need to change the plugs, #6 is not right according to my limited ODB scanner and it has a miss/knock....tried a tank full of Supreme octane today and it DID run better...and seemed to shift ok. But......other issues with the vehicle: AC quit suddenly but has freon ok, both fans under hood are out, have replacement but need to swap out and I think thermostat needs changing...some days it can climb high before finally settling back to normal...now that I'm between jobs I have the time to get some of this done..

The 2017+ Fusion 2.5 is a great candidate for long term ownership. The 2017 refresh addressed a lot of issues from the 2013-2016 models. Subjective, I know, but I personally think the 2017-2018 was the most attractive looking Fusion. The front and rear facial are unique to the 2017-2018. When I was car shopping in 2018, I cross shopped the Fusion and the Sonata and ultimately chose the Sonata because I wanted to try the Hyundai brand. I really like the Fusion though. Cool thing about the 2017 is the 2.5 is available with more packages. In 2018 you could get the 2.5 in SE trim but stepping up the the luxury package required the 1.5 Ecoboot (no thanks). In 2019-2020 models only the base S model could be equipped with the 2.5, unfortunately.

Don’t worry about the transmission, it’s a reliable unit.

Edit: I see this is an old post. Mods please archive these old posts, it’s annoying accidentally commenting on old irrelevant threads.

My 2011 Escape XLT had its fluid changed at 50,000 intervals but at 185,000 it burned up...started to hard shift then slipping...then nothing. Made the mistake of letting a Mr Transmission chain shop do the rebuild. I think mine was the 1st 6F35 they did...why?? They burned up the 1st rebuild! Took them 2 MONTHS to get it back to me....12 month or 12000 warranty ticked away and it was already shifting hard, usually on deaccel before warranty ran out...I moved to NOLA, 4 hours from where I was in SETX, for new job and no local shop that's part of the chain (****). Fluid is ok, but it still shifts hard at times...should I be worried?? I'm trying to find a local shop that can reset the TCM since I've been told and viewed videos that show it needs to be and Ford charges 2 grand for the software,so I'm told. I'm at 205000 miles and the engine, while it has an oil leak, still gets 35+ mpg on the highway. I need to change the plugs, #6 is not right according to my limited ODB scanner and it has a miss/knock....tried a tank full of Supreme octane today and it DID run better...and seemed to shift ok. But......other issues with the vehicle: AC quit suddenly but has freon ok, both fans under hood are out, have replacement but need to swap out and I think thermostat needs changing...some days it can climb high before finally settling back to normal...now that I'm between jobs I have the time to get some of this done..
Try Lubeguard Red mAYBE THAT WILL HELP

Back