2017 Ford Fusion SE....

The escape does silly things like leaves the 12v power charger on all the time, even when the car is powered off. I've gone on vacation for a week and came back to find a phone charger still lit up.
My 2016 is on battery number 3.
Is that all they are doing? Replacing batteries instead of fixing the problem? I was hoping they should have a fix by now

Is that all they are doing? Replacing batteries instead of fixing the problem? I was hoping they should have a fix by now
I purchased the car used with an aftermarket battery that had white fuzz all over it, and 20k miles. So that is the second battery the car had.

I put a battery in the car from Advance Auto myself, and reset the Battery Timer in the ECU using ForScan.

So its on the third battery in it's life.

I just cannot believe that Fusion only gets 21mpg in city driving o_O

my ex 08Mazda6i with technology from 2002 was getting the same fuel readings

Single owner car from New Mexico. I'm still picking orange dirt out of every crevice of the car.
In case anyone does not know what he means by “Orange Dirt”, it comes from driving in a “Dust Storm”. (It’s not a sand storm. it’s a dust storm. Very fine red dust). I once drove I-40 from Albuquerque to Cline’s Corner through two dust storms. When I got to Roswell, I power washed the engine compartment but never could get all the red dust (now hard dirt) out.

I just cannot believe that Fusion only gets 21mpg in city driving o_O

my ex 08Mazda6i with technology from 2002 was getting the same fuel readings

Yes, that is something I am considering. I'm not sure how it could be so bad. My 2012 Accord with a 5 speed auto does better than that.

I own a 2013 with 106,000 on it. There have been a few recalls, but, I have had zero out of pocket expenses other than typical maintenance items. I've got the 2.5 with the 6 speed. The transmission shifts fine. It's been a very enjoyable car to drive and own.

I am reading horror stories now on 2017 Fusions that have a battery drain problem. It seems most are affected. Something about an audio module that drains the battery quickly. I can't find anywhere where Ford has released a permanent fix. Can anyone confirm?

fordtechmakuloco on youtube did a video on this exact issue. I cant remember but I dont think I will in the fusion SE. It was the Lincoln and higher trim Fusion. Watch the video.

Back