318ti questions *paging MCompact, paging MCompact*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
^Oh my god, what a total piece of [censored]

I know; I desperately wish I had bought a practical FWD transport pod instead of my Club Sport- it probably would have been much more fun to autocross and to drive at HPDEs.
Alas, fate dealt me a losing hand...
33.gif

Originally Posted By: MCompact

I know; I desperately wish I had bought a practical FWD transport pod instead of my Club Sport- it probably would have been much more fun to autocross and to drive at HPDEs.
33.gif

You've posted your repairs for yours before, and it hasn't been bad at all.

That particular car is a total piece of [censored] for needing all that work, sorry.

Sometimes there's good ones and sometimes there's bad ones. I'm not bashing BMW, just that particular car.

Originally Posted By: MCompact

33.gif

You've posted your repairs for yours before, and it hasn't been bad at all.

That particular car is a total piece of [censored] for needing all that work, sorry.

Sometimes there's good ones and sometimes there's bad ones. I'm not bashing BMW, just that particular car.

Got it; I apologize for being too quick to post a snarky reply. I suspect that a lot of the issues were due to the car being exposed to a steady diet of salt in MN.

Yeah I kind of like BMWs in general.

Now VW... that's a whole other story lol.

Unless it's an air cooled VW.

There is another Zara Spook walked like a dog - click, click, ----------- !!!!

No kidding. I don't think my F350 needed tbat much work in 366,000 hard miles!

Update: still going.

2 days AFTER getting inspected (nice timing), it threw a CEL. Code comes up as an O2 sensor. I figure Bosch was the OE vendor...any reason NOT to use a Denso?

Bosch is OE; I've heard that some later BMWs had issues with Densos, but I wouldn't hesitate to use them on an M42/M44. I would definitely get sensors with the connector attached and not mess with the ones that need to be spliced into the OE connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back