~$30k Performance Sedan Reccomandations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legacy GT is another great option or how about Mazdaspeed6? The speed six is AWD, manual, and comes in well under $30k if you look around.

Quote:

Why not pick up a 2003 (or 2004) Mercury Marauder?

You can get a nice 2003 for about $15,000 to $18,000 or a nice 2004 for about three or four grand more. Drop $5,000 on a supercharger and pocket the difference over all those other cars you've mentioned.

You'll have power, reliability, safety, comfort, looks, and a unique limited-production car. Oh, and it'll cost about ten grand less than your other options.

Just my two cents.
smile.gif

Honestly, I'm missing the fun to drive factor with that choice...isn't that car more of a cruiser?

The Mazdaspeed 6 is a great, fast fun to drive AWD car, if you would be lucky to find a leftover 06 model it is the last model year to offer the 4 year warranty. The build quality is above the Subaru but its not up to the Infiniti, BMW standards. A new Mazdaspeed can be had for under $30,000 in most markets.

I agree, the 2007 Altima is phenominal, the price went up slightly but the car is as close to an Infiniti as you can get. Still an incredible bang for the buck.

4th or 5th on Subaru Legacy GT (LGT). My wife has the LGT with 5MT in wagon form and its pure joy to drive every time after 1.5years.

Quote:

I'm fighting the new car bug as well. I'm craving a bright red 2007 Nissan Altima with the sport package including 3.5L, power everything with sunroof. Very nice ride with 270 H.P. in the 26K-27K range.

270 hp in a FWD? Yeah, that ought to be fun.
crazy.gif

Definitely consider the subaru legacy GT... pros- high quality, blast to drive, and new... cons- if youre really wanting a car in this segment to try to show off, this isnt your bag.

After my MB got smashed, I was choosing between a legacy GT MT sedan and my saab 9-3. I got my saab better equipped and cheaper, but the real reason I picked it over the subaru was because I was doing a LOT of driving, and the saab blew the subaru away (I get 36-38 MPG routinely). Ive been more than happy with my choice, and love my saab. And the saab is no slouch to drive either.

Granted the saab is FWD, but its a nice car, Ive thuroughly enjoyed it. When my fiancee's integra dies, she will either be getting another 9-3 or a legacy wagon (unfortunately tey dont offer the wagon with MT anymore, so we shall have to see).

If you want more performance than what a 9-3 offers, or HAVE to have AWD, Id look at the legacy. If you have to be showy, Id consider a BMW over any infiniti product. Youll likely find a nice E39 BMW 530i with MT that would be a great drive... and is a lot less boy racerish, and less trying to look fancy, while radiating good taste and appreciation of a 'total package' as it was meant to be built.

JMH

Last edited:
There's a new Subaru WRX around the corner, so be sure to wait until you decide.
But it sounds like you're an Infiniti guy, and the new G35 sounds nice.

Legacy G.T. or even a Forester FXT. They are both available with manual transmissions. Just looked at them last Thursday.

Either a Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo
here

or a Holden Commodore SS
here

330HP in the Ford or 360HP in the Holden, 6 speed manuals, RWD, Stability Control, TC able to be turned on or off and full size four door sedans.

A touch over US$30,000.
The motoring press have been raving over the handling/steering characteristics of the new Holden, claiming they are superior to BMW.....

Shame you can't buy them in NA. (the RHD may take a little getting used to over there....
tongue.gif
)

USA - Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Manual... (Good luck finding a used one)

Japan - Infinity G35 with Sport Suspension Option

German - BMW 330i with HPZ Performance Pkg

The CTS is the largest of the three. In my opinion the CTS 3.6 Sport is better than any 5-Series BMW. Dont discount it before you drive it. It is a very well sorted car.

The G35 is in between the two in size and will be the easiest to find. It does everthing well but is a bit boring in my opinion. It will likely be the most trouble free.

The 330i HPZ is the best overall everyday Sports Sedan ever built. However its not a very big car. It also will be the most costly to own.

Quote:

A touch over US$30,000.
The motoring press have been raving over the handling/steering characteristics of the new Holden, claiming they are superior to BMW.....

Shame you can't buy them in NA. (the RHD may take a little getting used to over there....
tongue.gif
)

It looks increasingly likely that Pontiac will be importing and selling their version of the Holden Commodore as early as next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back