$30-40k: Best New or Lightly Used Vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Vikas
I think OP mentioned that he needs a car which will impress others; or I just inferred it??

Knowing Critic in person, I think he mean something that can pick up chicks and not embarrass himself.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
Originally Posted By: Vikas
I think OP mentioned that he needs a car which will impress others; or I just inferred it??

Knowing Critic in person, I think he mean something that can pick up chicks and not embarrass himself.

Ahh, then loaded to the gills Camry should do the trick... oh wait, you said NOT embarrass himself.
grin.gif

Get the Mercedes you like - how it drives and you can afford. Make sure you get the CarFax and a Dealers Warranty.

This month the 2012 off lease E350 with 7900 miles on it got sold before returning for the second look. Paid another $10K and drove home with a 2014 E350 Sport.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
What's wrong with an E class?

I refer you to the smiley face in my response.

2010-VATH-Mercedes-Benz-E63-AMG-Front-Angle-View-588x409.jpg

Not really seeing what makes this an old persons car.

Hey! E-Class is not an old persons car; I'm in my 30's and drive one - but only because I got a great deal on it used from an old guy that quit driving
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
Not really seeing what makes this an old persons car.

Nothing wrong with the E-class. The smiley face in my response meant I wrote it half jokingly. I actually like it, but I'm almost 40. The fact of the matter is that you do see a lot of older folks driving them, for whatever reason it may be.

My point was that the OP is likely looking for a chick magnet, among other things, and he's very young. I'm not sure the E-Class fits the bill, despite being a nice ride.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Here are my thoughts on a few of the vehicles suggested:

IS350 - I've driven the 2014 and I am very much a fan of it. However, I find the "cockpit" to be a bit too small for me.

Q50 - I drove this last week. It delivers a lot for the money. But the deal killer is that you need to order the Deluxe Touring pkg (which comes with the spooky drive-by-wire steering) in order to get split-fold rear seats. Once I have equipped how I'd like, the price goes up to 48k...no thanks.

Just came across this:

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/10/22/2014-infiniti-q50-lexus-is-250-not-recommended-consumer-reports/

Now, I personally don't hold CR in high regards when it comes to car reviews, but if they thought these cars were dull, something must really be awry.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
LOL, country club butt.

High and tight, can't complain.

If the car was for my wife I'd probably get her a used Lexus ES350, or maybe a Toyota Avalon. An Accord EX-L V-6 might be worth consideration as well.

For me... I really like the Cadillac ATS and the Lexus IS, but optioned the way I'd like one it would exceed the $40k limit. So I'd probably go in a different direction and see what I could get in a Mustang GT, used Corvette, or maybe a used Porsche Boxster or Cayman. There are a lot of interesting options for fun to drive cars at that price point.

In reality, I'm unlikely to ever spend that much for a single car, at least not until my retirement is assured. There are too many good quality options at or below $20k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back