3 Month review of 2021 Toyota Venze LE

Another $11000 gets you the heated seats and steering wheel. Which, let me tell you, the heated steering is very nice on my wife's RAV4.
Unfortunately, the entire steering wheel isn't headted, just from 7 o'clock to 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock to 5 o'clock, where my hands never are. Would like the top of the steering wheel section to be heat conductive at minimum.

Unfortunately, the entire steering wheel isn't headted, just from 7 o'clock to 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock to 5 o'clock, where my hands never are. Would like the top of the steering wheel section to be heat conductive at minimum.
I know. My wife said the same thing.

My question about heated seats are two. Is there some sort of a "Response" that occurs when you "Fire Up Those Puppies" & will a seat warmer on high keep your fast food hot on the way home, assuming it was hot to begin with.
Sorry, I don't think I understand the first part. The second part, kind of sort of. You would have to spread the food out so that each thing you want warm would be touching the seat, and probably out of the bag (not the wrapper). It could help, but in the end, I doubt it's worth the effort, even though some can get pretty toasty.

Sorry, I don't think I understand the first part. The second part, kind of sort of. You would have to spread the food out so that each thing you want warm would be touching the seat, and probably out of the bag (not the wrapper). It could help, but in the end, I doubt it's worth the effort, even though some can get pretty toasty.
It was intended as a humorous post. The word "Response" was there for your imagination.

Could not be more descriptive without a vacation.

I test drove one, liked it but test drove the new Tucson Hybrid which is comparably equipped. For each model of the Hyundai Tucson it is about 5000-6000 less expensive than Toyota RAV 4 or Venza. . Warranty the same basically. The life of these hybrids is really the life of the battery pack. After 10 years the cost to replace the battery is probably more than the vehicle is worth. I went with the Hyundai, like it, great ride all the features, 6000 less and no arrogant Toyota dealer. Downside, the MPG will not be equal to Venza, looks like 35 or so in the winter and closer to 40 in the summer. Over 70 MPH takes a toll on the MPG as well, a 1.6L Turbo. Also wish it had a CVT transmission, the 6 speed will hunt for a gear up a steep hill. The HP is actually greater than the Venza, 229 combined.

Last edited:
Replacement refurbished packs are already under $1500, and by the time 2020 era batteries wear out I could see these services at under a grand. In ten years this battery technology will be obsolete, so all the refurbishers will have plenty of cheap used batteries for the current generation of Hybrids. My question is how much the insurance companies get paid by the refurbishers, for battery packs not damaged in a "totaled car" ?

Didn't realize Venza is back. I remember it was discontinued few years ago because I suspect it looked more like a station wagon than the current fad like cuv.

What is "F & R electronic window defrost"?

Is the screen readable in sun light with polarized sunglasses? We had rented Sienna and that was a big issue for us.

I checked out a new venza with a friend recently who needs to get his family a vehicle in the coming year. Was also very impressed by all the features, general build quality and fit and finish, as well as Toyota hybrid system all at that price. Seemed like an excellent vehicle for the money, more appealing than a rav 4

The front windshield has a electric heat system for the windshield. Blows heat pretty quickly. Only used it once.

Just bought an Limited version for my wife to replace a’14 Honda Pilot . Seems like as with a lot of other things there is a wait for us to get it . It should make a great replacement for the Honda ,which has been dead reliable . We just don’t need anything as big as that anymore .

Last edited:
Just bought an Limited version for my wife to replace a’14 Honda Pilot . Seems like as with a lot of other things there is a wait for us to get it . It should make a great replacement for the Honda ,which has been dead reliable . We just don’t need anything as big as that anymore .
Congrats, you will enjoy it.

Congrats. I've had my Limited since March 2021. Very satisfied with it. I consistently get much higher MPG's than EPA estimates.

Back