3 ARX cycles, didn't do much, bummer..

Status
Not open for further replies.
not much, you could scrape a finger nail in the depths of the pleats after stretching out the media and come up with some stuff. looking at the media it had a "dirty" appearance. but not sludge covered.

mdocod private e-mail sent to you before i read your post think your questions are fair. Would believe my e-mail would seem sensible and fair to you.

Quote:

Quote:

I'd sure like to see the ring packs and rod bearings before and after. Top end just gets some splashing around loving....I bet the ring packs and rod bearings would change some folks mind on what is working and what isn't.

I don't have any horror story engines with ugly pull the valve cover shots.

What surprised me about ARX is that 'clean' engines with good maintenance and premium synthetic oil ran better after I ARX'ed them.

The improvement must be in the ring packs getter cleaned and the rings sealing better. And isn't this what matters?

If I had the Swift with sludge like that and wanted to test what ARX can do... I'd run a compression or leak down test, and measure performance like dyno specs, acceleration, and mpg ...before and after.

The sludge in the photos is probably better cleaned off manually.

Why not physically clean the parts of the engine than can be reached easily .... like the top end and the oil pan and bottom areas of the block? If it wipes of with a paper towel, why not wipe it off, or scrub it off with a toothbrush?

Then I'd let the ARX clean the important parts that can't be reached...like the ring pack.

Maybe ARX will clean the top end sludge with enough rinsing... but I really don't care .

ARX cleans the parts that matter.

If that Swift motor can be saved , I bet the proper use of ARX will save it.

Your screen name cracks me up...I love that movie....
Anyway....you dad gum right! This is exactly why we run 4-5oz's of AutoRX in race engines. Keep the ring packs absolutely clean....no we are not fighting sludge nor trying to shave by our reflection off of our valve train assembly....bottom end lubrication and ring packs...compression makes internal combustion engines happy happy.....I wonder what the two Bob's would say about AutoRX?
driving.gif

We seem to be getting a lot of posts where it appears Auto-RX did not successfully clean an engine. I welcome these posts. I believe in Auto-RX myself but if there is evidence that Auto-RX does not always succeed in cleaning an engine we need to knoe about those examples.

However, people must follow the directions for Auto-RX to work. Synthetic oil should not be used during the so-called rinse cycle. It fact, when I do an Auto-RX cleaning I use conventional motor oil for both the cleaning and rinse cycles. I like to use Valvoline oil for these myself.

Some engines may be so sludged up that Auto-RX (or anything else for that matter) may not be able to remove the sludge.

i pulled the PCV valve on my civic with 111k miles. she has had 3-4k OCI's with dino or HM oils since about 10k.

MAY run an ARX cycle, but was just wondering, since the PCV was UGLY (aka sludgy), think the rest of the motor is too?

Change that PCV valve right away! That could be the problem. Probably any car or truck with over 100,000 miles would be a good candidate for an Auto-RX cleaning. It surely will not hurt.

I think it should be publicly known, that I received an email from Frank shortly after placing an order for some more ARX. He is doubling my order (paid for 2, he's sending me 4 no extra charge). This should give me more than enough ARX to really give this engine a good cleansing. I'm going to go full out ST 5w30 dino.

Thank you Frank. That's more than fair. I really appreciate it. I'm excited to get some more miles rolling. I hope you don't mind me sharing this with everyone. I think it's important for folks to know that you are a great guy with a great product and great company!

I recently finally got around to fixing the rear diff in my rodeo, so I've been driving it a lot, but once 16mpg gets old again (it will in a hurry, lol) I'll start using the Swift again primarily.

I'm going to manually clean off the valve cover itself, but I think I will leave most of the deposits on the valve train alone. I hate the idea of disturbing it, or dropping a big clump down a drain hole or something. Summer is around the corner, so things should get plenty hot through the next few cycles... I'll keep taking picts, cut open some more filters. Hopefully my next LONG thread will have some good news!.

Quote:

Looks to me like he DID follow the instructions!

It seems like the product is not particularly robust is this arena - what I mean is: The instructions need to be followed precisely, but they are not that precisely written. IF only certain oils can be used for the cleaning phase and if only certain oils can be used for the rinse phase - then list those oils!

I am not an AutoRx hater. I have used it and recommend it ALL the time. (Ask folks who have PM'd and emailed me). I think the product works for the most part. But the line is drawn somewhere - either that or it certainly just doesn't ALWAYS work.

Looks to me there just isn't much splash oil flying around upstairs in that engine. I would scoop/wipe as much of the upper crust as possible out, make sure the oil ports are open and start over again.

As for Frank - well he should either give you your money back, or give you three more bottle free.

When there are deposits of that magnitude, there is no substitute for cleaning it manually.

Period.

I had a 79 T-Bird with a 302 that looked alot like your engine(Pre-AutoRX)

Ended up cleaning it the old fashioned way..

(Carb cleaner/scraper/screwdriver)
I straightened out a wire coathanger and opened up the oil returns/passages I could.

Changed the oil/PCV, valve cover gaskets and drove it.
Turned out much cleaner after 2 oil changes.

Might have to get out your rags and get the elbow grease going!!!

Bob
twocents.gif

Originally Posted By: Sparkman
Please cut open the filters and post pics on these subsequent cycles.

It's been almost 3 years, I wonder what his end result was.

I'd be curious as well of how this all turned out. Those Suzuki engines are pretty tough, So I'd imagine it still purring along, all the while with the owned worried it's going to blow up any second!

Personally, with that many sludge, as stated before, the engine have a poor design. With that in mind, personally, I think you need more than 3 treatments or do a manual cleaning on the sludge that is visible. Then start 1 or 2 auto-rx cycle to get to the places that was not seen.

It is like this:
If you have cancer, you can do 1 of 2 things or both -- surgery and/or chemotherapy. In most cases, doctors will do both. The results is besides the point. The surgery in this case is manual cleaning of visible sludges and the chemo is auto-rx.

Unfortunately, not everything is designed to clean everything. It can help. IMO, in the 3rd picture, there are some improvement already. You said that subsequent cleaning with MMO, Seafoam, etc. has yielded no results.

What is the mileage and how old is the car when the ARX was started? My deduction is that the car is around 7 years. It is not microwave.

Did you consult with Frank about it? In these type of extreme, you may want to consult with some sort of expert. Consider it like the Oncologist if you have cancer. You know you cannot do a self treatment even if you are an oncologist.

It is because AutoRX is WAY overrated here - I have tried it in 3 different cars with little to no effect.
I have used 2 Rislone OCI's over the summer on my now Mazda3 and engine performance and milege both increased - this was after a RX treatment.

Overpriced soap if you ask me.
cheers
flame suit on!

Originally Posted By: sprintman
Nowhere does RX say it will clean splash fed areas. Where are people getting this misinformation?

Auto-Rx®acts slowly and safely to dissolve these contaminants while maintaining the host oil chemistry. Auto-Rx® liquefies the sludge, carbon, and other debris in your engine while you drive and prevents clogs in the flow of the oil. Auto-Rx® uses your oil to get into every nook and cranny of your engine. Just pour Auto-Rx® into the crankcase and drive your vehicle as normal! Auto-Rx® works as you drive. See What It Will Do.

I found the above statement on the Arx Site under How It Works, so if auto-rx uses your oil to get into every nook and cranny of your engine then arx should clean splash fed areas like the valvetrain which it did not by looking at the pics in the 1st page of this thread.

The back of the bottle of auto-rx says: Auto-Rx has been independently proven to restore compression, increase usable combustion, reduce bad hydrocarbons, AND DRIVE ALL THIRD PARTY ABRASIVES, DIRT, CARBON and SLUDGE INTO YOUR OIL FILTER.

I take the word ALL to mean that arx will clean up everything.

I obviously have gotten this MISINFORMATION from the arx site and on the back of a bottle of auto-rx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back