3 ARX cycles, didn't do much, bummer..

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this has what to do with your comments about taxis?
33.gif

Quantifying Auto Rx [Re: Frank]

Loc: MN Originally Posted By: Frank

We just got our first order from the US Federal Goverment, do you know of any other metal cleaner product on this board that can make this statement?

I am the Federal employee that ordered Auto-RX for my Federal Agency for testing. I am unable to say what Federal Agency I work for and how I'm testing Auto-RX. I hope ARX will be more "health friendly" than I used before. Thanks Frank for your hard work!

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=5&Number=1139971

It seems Points is the Federal Employee that ordered arx, this is post# 1109853 and he made this post on 03/19/08

This was found in a thread called Quantifying Auto-Rx, I have provided a link so everyone can check out the thread.

I am wondering if Points has finished his testing of auto-rx, it has been almost 2 years.

Berryman's B-12?
Frank

Loc: Jacksonville Beach Fl You should try another application of Auto-Rx by your post you "saw" some difference. Go to web site and find engine like your's and read what particular application is suggested. Auto-Rx is
now in Goverment Vehicles & Small Diesel Engines.
That's a demanding customer.

Frank Miller made this post on 12/21/02
Its post# 261957

Quantifying Auto Rx [Re: Gary Allan]
Frank

Loc: Jacksonville Beach Fl I am sorry you were put off by actual fact (getting a patent in the USA for specific applications needs third party collaboration) Spitty you never spent a dime with Auto-Rx so where and how you got product i don,t know what i do know is your hypotheticals are misrepresentation when you start posting your "quantifying" tests about a product not bought from the manufacture.

We just got our first order from the US Federal Goverment, do you know of any other metal cleaner product on this board that can make this statement?

When Auto-Rx pays for testing we have to furnish product, the lab does not borrow it or buy it from somebody else.

Frank Miller made this post on 3/13/08
Its post# 1105185

On 12/21/02 Frank Miller states that arx is now in Government Vehicles.
On 3/13/08 Frank Miller states that he just got his 1st order from the U.S. Federal Government.

I think C3PO mean to point to the fact that Frank did a claim in 2002, where he says that Auto-Rx is in government vehicles(maybe the government didn't order it, and Frank had been sneaking around, pouring ARX into engines of the government(I have also heard that Al Qaida have been thinking about this
lol.gif
).
In 2008, Frank Miller says that he just got the 1st order, from the U.S. Federal Government.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Not the Autorx Frank
In defense of Frank's everywhere. Please stop stalking us...

Do I have to start looking over my shoulder again?

Frank D

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Quote:
I'd rather have Al Qaida stalking me than Frank

We'll let them know pronto!
crackmeup2.gif

Done!!

I know it was stated that the thermostat worked, but is it the correct temperature range for this vehicle? I know from my personal experience that I ran the lower of 2 temperature-range thermostats on my Saab for several years--under the theory that a cooler engined was better--and ran nothing but supremo synthetics at non-obscene OCI's.

I was absolutely STUNNED by what Auto RX took out of my engine.

Changed to the higher temp thermostat after that, and with continued use of good oils--not all synthetic--plus FP and LC, no funky stuff has come out of the wash after a couple of subsequent AutoRX treaments.

Could this vehicle be running at the cold end of it's recommended temperature range, thereby exacerbating the sludge issue and possible decrease the effectiveness of all of the treatments? Sometimes you have to come with the heat.

I know how you feel. I hung in there for 4 ARX cycles (by the book - so don't accuse me of not following directions) with NO reduction in oil burning in my 1998 Trooper. It has a known issue with insufficient drain back in the piston/ringpack causing carbon buildup. High pressure and high heat are supposedly where the most cleaning will occur but the engine still burns the same 1qt. per 600 miles as it did before ARX.

This may be an example of one but it is my experience.

It's not unique. Saturn users also have limited success with altering oil consumption that's due to design characteristics. Their usage is for different reasons, but you can't compensate for design flaws. The most you could have expected is temporary relief, and even that would be questionable.

Quote:
I was hesitant to even post this, because around here this stuff is the holy grail second to GC. I bought like 6 bottles of ARX about 2 years ago and have treated 2 cars with it over that time.

here's an original thread from when things got started
http://theoildrop.server101.com/forums/s...true#Post291228

My little 2001 swift, which I previously posted results on
http://theoildrop.server101.com/forums/s...true#Post303465
that thread links to the first ARX treatment results. I also did a second treatment, and followed up with pictures. That thread was filled with bickering among people and from what I can tell, must have been deleted. (from my angle it feels like it might have been deleted because a believer in ARX might not want a thread floating around with proof that it might NOT work) but I highly doubt that is the case, I attribute it to the posts in the thread. I ask that yall keep it civil this time around, so we can have some useful discussion on this matter.

anyways... I finished up the 3rd full treatment, which got a heavy duty dose, (a full bottle ARX, instead of just 8oz), and ran it in the oil a little longer, (I think I left it in about 2500 miles)

This third treatment was actually finished up around September of last year, I took picts, but never got around to posting results. I'm kinda hesitant to show these results because I feel like I'm gona get flamed for doing something wrong (didn't do anything wrong BTW, used dino, used correct change intervals, didn't work, tried a reasonable alternative to beef up the 3rd treatment) I was already grilled on the last follow-up for methods, but since that was deleted (as far as I can tell) I can't prove it, lol...

Man, I gotta tell you, if I took the valve cover my vehicle and it looked like that, I would also take off the oil pan and check sump, pickup screen, etc.

I would then take a harsh carb solvent or LC or Neutra, pour it on, and with a brass bristle brush, start scrubbing everything I could touch.

And THEN I would run ARX to clean the rings.

Last edited:
If going to that amount of trouble, would not a piston soak (with something) proberbly be more effective for the rings?

Originally Posted By: miniclip1
Those pics do not look good, do you guys know of another product that is good in cleaning up an engine.
MMO works at cleaning up an engine. Search in the oil additive section, there's lots of info on it.
welcome2.gif
to Bitog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back