$3.98 AC Delco PF52E Oil Filter Cut Open

Tons of Corvette owners use these, and you might think “What? Using a four dollar filter in a Corvette?” But the filter is legit excellent quality.

ADBV?
I had a couple of purolator filters with center tubes like that. The oil pressure pushed the media in around the bars of the center piece tearing holes in the media. I prefer a center tube that supports the media more completely.

A bit of flex at the outside pleat at each end - as provided by a "soft" endcap - will help prevent media tearing. Plus makes it easier to recycle the BILLION+ used oil filters for scrap steel in the U.S. alone. I have a had media tearing at the metal end cap in expensive spin-on's, as it puts the pleat under high shear stress in that area.

My C&P of a $14 Honda Filtech for an S2000 - U.S. made -

WP_20190525_14_26_14_Pro.jpg

WP_20190525_14_27_05_Pro.jpg

WP_20190525_14_26_20_Pro.jpg

The Filter area is inadequate in the tiny Asian spin-on's as it is - for a winter OCI.
The 52s being a tall glass of water fortunately, but if they don't fit, well, they don't fit.

Curiously, a lot of GM FWD cars were specc'd with PF45 or PF47 but the PF52 is a few inches taller and fits just fine.

Back