$25 JBL wireless headphones?

Any of you have these? For $25 they're almost free for what they offer on paper... I've looked at lots of models in JBL line-up, but wonder if something cheap like JBL 510BT is still ok for daily use. Or is there a different model that is absolutely worth the premium? Main requirements are basically it has to be Bluetooth, at least a 10hr true battery life (JBL 510BT claims 40hrs, but idk if I believe that) and it can't be the in-ear pieces. On ear or over the ear only, but can't pick the exact model without trying, so hopefully some of you here have actual experience with these headphones and can point me in the right direction.

Yes. I bought a pair for my wife. Most of her listening is for audiobooks, but when she first started using them she was very surprised by the base response and clarity. She says they are excellent. Gets several days battery life.
Hers are black, and the only thing I had to do to them is put a small piece of electrical tape over the rather bright LED indicator light.
For inexpensive headphones, I would highly recommend them.
(Purchased at WalMart)

Any of you have these? For $25 they're almost free for what they offer on paper... I've looked at lots of models in JBL line-up, but wonder if something cheap like JBL 510BT is still ok for daily use. Or is there a different model that is absolutely worth the premium? Main requirements are basically it has to be Bluetooth, at least a 10hr true battery life (JBL 510BT claims 40hrs, but idk if I believe that) and it can't be the in-ear pieces. On ear or over the ear only, but can't pick the exact model without trying, so hopefully some of you here have actual experience with these headphones and can point me in the right direction.
Nothing to lose, just order them, if you don’t like, JBL has free shipping and free returns.

Got two, his & hers. First impressions: 10 out of 10, definitely would buy again, even at twice the price.

20221128_225017_HDR-01.jpeg

I'd be all over that if they were over-ear instead of on-ear.

Nice find though. Thanks for posting.
Not too much more expensive.
Screenshot_20221128-230003.jpg

It's been a few months, so here is a short update. Both headphones are still performing flawlessly. Battery life is insane... I use mine on the way to and from work (Hyundai speakers are blown, so I use headphones). About 30 mins drive, so 1hr per day, 14 days per month, plus here and there on days off work. Always max volume, still good bass, and I only end up charging once per 45-60 days. If I have road trips, then I'm "forced" to charge once per month lol. Have yet to get less than 2 weeks of battery life with my usage. JBL advertises up to 40 hours of battery life. I've been getting at least that, or even more with lower volumes. Extremely impressed! Price is back up now, but next time they're on sale - I'd advise anyone to get a set. Amazon has them for $29.95.

Some of my friends and relatives went through a few sets of brand name earphones due to losing one of the in-ear pieces, or Bluetooth connectivity issues, and so on. Now they finally switched to these headphones and all are extremely happy. What these headphones lack in "stealth" factor, they make up for through sound quality, battery life, flawless performance, and great price tag. And no need to deal with cleaning ear wax out of the in-ear pieces, 🤢... Worth every penny.

I got a pair that was similar as a giveaway. Never really used it. I guess it's OK but on the ear isn't all that comfortable.

I ended up getting a Sony WH-CH710N, which can be used via Bluetooth or wired through cable to a jack (not USB). The charging is only via USB and it can't operate while it's charging, but it can work passively.

Works great, but my only complaint is that the plastic on the inside of the bands has cracked and/or broken off. Still works though. Can't complain about the audio performance, but it's disappointing that it couldn't survive just normal use or transport.

I got a pair that was similar as a giveaway. Never really used it. I guess it's OK but on the ear isn't all that comfortable.

I ended up getting a Sony WH-CH710N, which can be used via Bluetooth or wired through cable to a jack (not USB). The charging is only via USB and it can't operate while it's charging, but it can work passively.

Works great, but my only complaint is that the plastic on the inside of the bands has cracked and/or broken off. Still works though. Can't complain about the audio performance, but it's disappointing that it couldn't survive just normal use or transport.
Weird, ours are pretty comfy on the ears. I wonder if by "similar" you mean looks the same, but is a different brand. Because that would explain the comfort issue... We got no complaint yet with the JBL 510BT.

Weird, ours are pretty comfy on the ears. I wonder if by "similar" you mean looks the same, but is a different brand. Because that would explain the comfort issue... We got no complaint yet with the JBL 510BT.

I don't remember the exact model and I never used them that much, but what I had were white JBLs. They had circular cans that sat on the outside of the ear and not ovals going over the ear. I also remember they had their own charger rather than USB to charge (I think). But overall the comfort was over the small cans. They just sat uncomfortably on my ears. I've had the same issue with other brands with a similar design - like a set of Sony headphones.

I'm glad they stayed in one piece, I bought a pair of JBL headphones once and I swore off buying them again because the one's I bought broke really quickly because they tried to make the headband look fancy by putting a stainless accent in the top and all it did was make the headband super weak because they made the structural plastic way too weak to accomodate the steel band and the plastic broke in a few months.
0TH-001X-00037-09.jpg

I don't remember the exact model and I never used them that much, but what I had were white JBLs. They had circular cans that sat on the outside of the ear and not ovals going over the ear. I also remember they had their own charger rather than USB to charge (I think). But overall the comfort was over the small cans. They just sat uncomfortably on my ears. I've had the same issue with other brands with a similar design - like a set of Sony headphones.
Gotcha. Any USB type-C charges the ones we have. So definitely a different model.
I'm glad they stayed in one piece, I bought a pair of JBL headphones once and I swore off buying them again because the one's I bought broke really quickly because they tried to make the headband look fancy by putting a stainless accent in the top and all it did was make the headband super weak because they made the structural plastic way too weak to accomodate the steel band and the plastic broke in a few months.
0TH-001X-00037-09.jpg
Sorry about your experience. That was definitely a fail. But hey - the ones I posted above (the 510BT model) are great and cheap, if you ever wanna give JBL a second chance. I wouldn't be recommending if they weren't good.

0TH-001X-00037-09.jpg
I have a set of the JBL Everest Elite 700 headphones, which are also known to break. I didn't know about the weak headband until after purchase, but mine have been okay so far. I got them on clearance, so it wasn't a huge investment and they've been great so far, I'm very happy overall with the quality.

Back