20wt with highest HTHS

Or just take the Pennzoil 0w30 and add a QT of Redline 5w30 to the batch to give it back it's pair and some testosterone that it was missing.

Those oils do not have even remotely similar additive packages so I highly doubt you'd end up with a better product as the result of that experiment.

Those oils do not have even remotely similar additive packages so I highly doubt you'd end up with a better product as the result of that experiment.

Is it the additive package or the base oil that is more important there?

Looks like another candidate for the new ignore system.

If you prefer Castrol that's fine.

Last edited:
I liked the redline oil 0w20 as it was very shear stable,quiet and still offered better performance than oils in a grade thicker. Lots of BRZ and FRS guys run it even on boost. It's about the only 0w20 that would give me any confidence to run on a track. Ran it over 150,000 miles before moving up to a 30wt as my rings are letting a bit of oil by. It's going in the 2020 CR-V after I get 12,000 miles on it.

Did you have any catalytic converter issues given the higher ZDDP content of redline?

Did you have any catalytic converter issues given the higher ZDDP content of redline?
How much oil exactly are you burning? That's really the key, if there isn't "a lot" getting into the converter then the concentration in the oil is irrelevant for that aspect. A "bit" of oil as RedlineOilUser notes isn't going to do it.

from what I know even the 30w redline makes doesn't hurt the cats,it more of a myth.its a serious company with super top notch products why would they sabotage their business by selling a product that do any sort of damage.

Back