2025 Ram 1500

Not sure when it was announced. Dropping the Hemi for 2025 in favor of the two variants of the Hurricane, both with more horsepower and torque than the current Hemi is rated.

Coming 2024 Q1

my25-1500-mca-hero-desktop.jpg

I never expected them to completely kill the v8's but offer them as an option. I'm disturbed.
I'm kind of surprised in that too, especially with as much advertising push has been made on the Hemi brand.

Signaling a new era?

Stellantis' switch away from the V8 doesn't surprise me. They didn't put any development into their V8s and instead put that money into their Hurricane engine series, both the I4 and I6 engines. I believe the Hemi was maxed out and they were struggling to meet GHG and emissions targets without a significant redesign so they just went with the Hurricane.

It is surprising to me the Hemi isn't sticking around as an option. I think Ford is still selling a lot of 5.0 F-150's to the V8 crowd.. I certainly like my Hemi.

Stellantis' switch away from the V8 doesn't surprise me. They didn't put any development into their V8s and instead put that money into their Hurricane engine series, both the I4 and I6 engines. I believe the Hemi was maxed out and they were struggling to meet GHG and emissions targets without a significant redesign so they just went with the Hurricane.
The HEMI has always struggled with emissions, that's why it has dual ignition. This would be exasperated on the big bore 6.4L. While the addition of quench areas on the sides of the chamber helped (and the 5.7L has smaller bores) it was never a design that lent itself it doing spectacularly well on emissions performance.

Not sure when it was announced. Dropping the Hemi for 2025 in favor of the two variants of the Hurricane, both with more horsepower and torque than the current Hemi is rated.

Coming 2024 Q1

I really like the facelift, it's a subtle overhaul, but they've improved it IMHO.

Coming 2024 Q1

Oh goodie it uses the "smartphone as a key" like the morons at Tesla. Can companies stop trying to get creative.

The HEMI has always struggled with emissions, that's why it has dual ignition. This would be exasperated on the big bore 6.4L. While the addition of quench areas on the sides of the chamber helped (and the 5.7L has smaller bores) it was never a design that lent itself it doing spectacularly well on emissions performanc
Its unfortunate that they never updated the Hemi to be more emission compliant, but I'm hopeful they got the 3.0L Hurricane design correct. But only time will tell now since it's finally getting into a high volume vehicle.

I'm also curious to see how it drives in the Ram 1500, since it has good power numbers.

I saw that information in the EV section here and went looking around and found the information about the regular 2025 Ram.

Personally, I'm looking forward to how the Ramcharger works out. My truck has almost 75k on it now, It'll be at 200k in about 5-5.5 years so that gives them a few years to get some bugs work out of this design.

Its unfortunate that they never updated the Hemi to be more emission compliant, but I'm hopeful they got the 3.0L Hurricane design correct. But only time will tell now since it's finally getting into a high volume vehicle.

I'm also curious to see how it drives in the Ram 1500, since it has good power numbers.
I'm already liking the oil filter location of the Hurricane vs the Hemi 😆

It's the nature of a hemispherical or semi-hemispherical chamber unfortunately, an update wouldn't fix that. Other designs, like wedge and pent roof have superior low speed combustion characteristics.

Back