2024 Chevrolet Equinox EV

No full pricing listed, but they’re sticking with the “around $30,000” starting price.

• FWD (210HP) or AWD (290HP)
• 250-300 miles range
• 150kW peak DC fast charging
• 8 year / 100,000 mile battery warranty
• Fall 2023 availability

C7FBEC9C-0157-441A-AF5C-1AA8227A7C6F.jpeg

Mid range, 3LT
88280D53-4FDB-48F4-8871-3663A4E65AC4.jpeg

Base, 1LT
B58717CC-E8BB-4F85-BA94-518AE73655CA.jpeg

393C8214-EC2D-4F9F-9865-E1F3D0CC8197.jpeg

29672B1E-1E17-417B-9308-728250C3AC09.jpeg

Top end, 3RS
63CBE170-C464-45FF-A5D1-65CB2C1CB593.jpeg

DD7DA528-2091-4E98-9623-418414994157.jpeg

Last edited:
Let me know when they are not on a 12 month or more wait list the dealer.

Most Non-EV GM product is at least 9 months out today.

Yes, frustrated with all the hype, but minimal product actually getting to the consumer.

These was a news story yesterday where a Canadian Ford customer had a 2022 Lightning on order for $98K, it was moved to 2023 production, new price was $113k.
Customer's last comment was "I hope Ford does right by me"

Good luck with that.

Yes, frustrated with all the hype, but minimal product actually getting to the consumer.
There is no product yet, its slated for 2024 model year.
Its a post covid world, all companies are catching up with production.

There is no product yet, its slated for 2024 model year.
Its a post covid world, all companies are catching up with production.
Oil companies are doing fine, you can buy all the fuel you want...at a price.
Our new Ram and Jeep inventory is well over 100, some companies are doing better than others in this covid era.

I used a current example on EV supply, and am confident in saying that these issues will continue, my bet is to at least 2035.
That California mandate will have far reaching impacts on EV supply.

Our new Ram and Jeep inventory is well over 100, some companies are doing better than others in this covid era.

I used a current example on EV supply, and am confident in saying that these issues will continue, my bet is to at least 2035.
That California mandate will have far reaching impacts on EV supply.
We have two HUGE dealerships near us. Toyota and Honda, normally hundreds of new cars on the lots.
In the last year or two, I can almost count the total number of new cars on the lots on my two hands.
and yes, a Chevy dealer near us, typically so many pickup trucks they used to line them up outside the dealer and park them along the interstate for display. No longer.

Im just saying this isnt just GM. Supply side lasting until 2035?
Im not sure that can be answered. One must keep in mind for every EV is one less ICE, so production numbers are the same.
The CA conversion will never happen in 2035 or people will just go over the border to buy ICE vehicles.

It will be decades before CA will have enough power in the electric grid to recharge cars BUT I suspect that point will be meaningless if h2 EVs take off. It might be a necessity if CA wants to hold to 2035. IN fact h2 EV vehicles are the only solution right now for CA if they want 2035, but it will never happen, we all know that and it will be delayed. (geez! I hope to god I am still alive to see what happens! *LOL*)

I will say once again, to my wife and I that Equinox EV is gorgeous. Perfect size for her too and if the price holds true, big +

Last edited:
We have two HUGE dealerships near us. Toyota and Honda, normally hundreds of new cars on the lots.
In the last year or two, I can almost count the total number of new cars on the lots on my two hands.
and yes, a Chevy dealer near us, typically so many pickup trucks they used to line them up outside the dealer and park them along the interstate for display. No longer.

The CA conversion will never happen in 2035 or people will just go over the border to buy ICE vehicles.
Honda Canada 2023 car allocation is 50% of "regular " run rates.
Toyota Hybrids are on a 18 - 24 month wait list.

As for Californians buying ICE out of state, I am sure it won't be that easy, with provisions in the law to prevent that.

I think a better path to improve CA air quality quickly would be to find a way to sunset older vehicles, and get those gross polluters off the road permanently.

Honda Canada 2023 car allocation is 50% of "regular " run rates.
Toyota Hybrids are on a 18 - 24 month wait list.

As for Californians buying ICE out of state, I am sure it won't be that easy, with provisions in the law to prevent that.

I think a better path to improve CA air quality quickly would be to find a way to sunset older vehicles, and get those gross polluters off the road permanently.
Smog check is required for registration every 2 years. Back in the day there were ways to beat it if you knew someone, but those days are long gone.

2035 CA law is not going to happen, maybe, they might figure out that they need some power grid upgrades 🤣
Or kick the can down the road as they have been doing for decades … then scratch their heads in disbelief 🫢

Chevrolet advertised this a LOT this weekend during NFL football. Multiple networks. Kinda surprised with it being a good year-away.

Maybe trying to get near-term EV buyers to hold-off on that purchase and wait for this?

using the Equinox name on a totally unrelated car that shares no parts :unsure:

the gas engine Equinox will probably go away when this thing comes out

Chevrolet advertised this a LOT this weekend during NFL football. Multiple networks. Kinda surprised with it being a good year-away.

Maybe trying to get near-term EV buyers to hold-off on that purchase and wait for this?
Tesla is killing it. The Model Y might be the #1 selling car in the world next year, of any kind.

Tesla is beating the Germans in Germany! Tesla Model Y was the fourth best-selling car in Germany in August thanks to production at Giga Berlin. As production increases, the car has every chance of becoming the best-selling car in the country.Tesla Model Y was the fourth best-selling car in Germany in August thanks to production at Giga Berlin. As production increases, the car has every chance of becoming the best-selling car in the country.

GM (and others) have to get their name out there. And they know it.

Tesla is killing it. The Model Y might be the #1 selling car in the world next year, of any kind.

Tesla is beating the Germans in Germany! Tesla Model Y was the fourth best-selling car in Germany in August thanks to production at Giga Berlin. As production increases, the car has every chance of becoming the best-selling car in the country.Tesla Model Y was the fourth best-selling car in Germany in August thanks to production at Giga Berlin. As production increases, the car has every chance of becoming the best-selling car in the country.

GM (and others) have to get their name out there. And they know it.
Speaking of Tesla... earlier I had a medical appt and found a spot in the parking garage and low and behold parked next to one. Came out about 45 mins later and NO flames! Kind of surprised they were in that area as UNC offers high quality charging in that parking deck for employees, visitors as well as even some for handicap access. Of course maybe they didn't need to top off, but it would be convenient in that area. Also will note that I gave it a good glance and saw no issues with fit/finish, etc. Surely that can vary with assembly, but honestly it had seamless lines. Panel depth, gap, etc. was spot on...

Only 2 things that were a bit noticeable... one is the (pearlescent?) white paint didn't have much depth to it, not as rich in color/boldness as I'd expect and the other 'issue' is the very low profile tires/rims had quite a bit of curb/road rash. Guess go to it with some old school rubbing compound and NuFinish for it to be a head turner!

These was a news story yesterday where a Canadian Ford customer had a 2022 Lightning on order for $98K, it was moved to 2023 production, new price was $113k.
Customer's last comment was "I hope Ford does right by me"

Good luck with that.

The wait list has customers bail. My friend in Montreal got a bail car for Polestar and then his original BMW order for EV a year out came thru to be delivered in one month. Same happened with sis in law and RAV4 prime PHEV. Someone bailed and dealer called them as they putting order in anyway. They got delivery within 1 week of inquiry.

Speaking of Tesla... earlier I had a medical appt and found a spot in the parking garage and low and behold parked next to one. Came out about 45 mins later and NO flames! Kind of surprised they were in that area as UNC offers high quality charging in that parking deck for employees, visitors as well as even some for handicap access. Of course maybe they didn't need to top off, but it would be convenient in that area. Also will note that I gave it a good glance and saw no issues with fit/finish, etc. Surely that can vary with assembly, but honestly it had seamless lines. Panel depth, gap, etc. was spot on...

Only 2 things that were a bit noticeable... one is the (pearlescent?) white paint didn't have much depth to it, not as rich in color/boldness as I'd expect and the other 'issue' is the very low profile tires/rims had quite a bit of curb/road rash. Guess go to it with some old school rubbing compound and NuFinish for it to be a head turner!
I expect our car to explode any day now; it's a Dec 2018 Model 3 so based on my calculations I am on borrowed time.
IMG_20191231_140517.jpg

Tesla = One hit wonder once the top automobile makers start selling EVs.
Thats my feeling, no value in Tesla's and the big makers will be producing EVs for the mass market at mass market pricing.
I do THINK if Tesla can get its act together maybe it can compete in the more expensive luxury sport market but they will have to drastically improve the quality. Something about them will have to change with the market and I am sure it will, right now the way things are they will get run over.

The looks of this Blazer, in my eyes at least, blow away any of the Tesla's and a much, much lower price. Unlike forums, the average consumer is not going to split hairs over speed and acceleration, they are all fast enough to be practical. In fact once mass market, some will intentionally be looking for slower models once they see insurance costs.
Lets not forget, gas vehicles are going no place.

Last edited:
Tesla = One hit wonder once the top automobile makers start selling EVs.
Thats my feeling, no value in Tesla's and the big makers will be producing EVs for the mass market at mass market pricing.
I do THINK if Tesla can get its act together maybe it can compete in the more expensive luxury sport market but they will have to drastically improve the quality. Something about them will have to change with the market and I am sure it will, right now the way things are they will get run over.
Interesting thought process... Let's see...
Tesla as a company is the top automobile maker. They are worth more than the next 5 car companies combined!
Their competition is probably NIO, Lucid, Rivian, and maybe the traditional companies.

Tesla's GM% is like 30% vs 6% or 7% from GM, Ford, VW, etc. That is huge leverage. If they chose to, they could cut margins by lowering price, down to, say 10% and crush anyone on basis of price. Giga Casting baby!
Their factories are new, state of the art. Tesla factories are much more efficient; they build cars in half the time of traditional factories.
They are vertically integrated unlike traditional car companies (think chips and software). All this allows for their incredible margins, which are the envy of the industry.

Did you know the Model Y is expected by analysts to be the #1 selling vehicle of any kind in the world, perhaps next year? As Berlin and Austin ramp, the numbers will be staggering. Berlin alone will easily sell 250K cars next year. 500K in another year. Tesla is expected to announce Giga Canada by year end.

The (butt-ugly) Cybertruk has like 1M orders and should show up next year. The SEMI is immanent. The cheap car (Model 2, Model 4, whatever) may come in 2014. Tesla is considering their own battery material mining company...

Still waiting on the big guys... GM loses money on every Bolt they sell. Maybe they can use Tesla's SuperCharger network? Or will we the taxpayers have to buy them one?

All good @alarmguy. I just like to look at things from a business point of view. The numbers don't lie.

Back