2023 Polaris RZR Turbo R Trans- AGL ?

My RZR is a 2023 Turbo R and it needs a trans/diff fluid change. The sump is combined between the rear diff and transmission gear box. My machine doesn’t have the chain driven reverse.

My understanding:

Polaris used to spec a hydro fluid before their proprietary AGL was introduced

Amsoil makes a fluid that is supposed to meet the AGL spec but it’s expensive and difficult to source, plus the wait times

The transmissions have changed but AGL has remained the same

This is not the fluid nor are we discussing the front differential.

My research pointed to redline 75w-85 with 10 percent Lucas syn oil stab as a superior alternative.

Lots of people are using many different fluids

So my question is:

Is the Redline/ Lucas still the best option for the newer low gearing the Turbo R has?

If not then what is a viable alternative to AGL?

Below I included a picture of a Turbo R Transmission being rebuilt.

IMG_1413.jpg

My RZR is a 2023 Turbo R and it needs a trans/diff fluid change. The sump is combined between the rear diff and transmission gear box. My machine doesn’t have the chain driven reverse.

My understanding:

Polaris used to spec a hydro fluid before their proprietary AGL was introduced

Amsoil makes a fluid that is supposed to meet the AGL spec but it’s expensive and difficult to source, plus the wait times

The transmissions have changed but AGL has remained the same

This is not the fluid nor are we discussing the front differential.

My research pointed to redline 75w-85 with 10 percent Lucas syn oil stab as a superior alternative.

Lots of people are using many different fluids

So my question is:

Is the Redline/ Lucas still the best option for the newer low gearing the Turbo R has?

If not then what is a viable alternative to AGL?

Below I included a picture of a Turbo R Transmission being rebuilt.

View attachment 220543
Why not just use the recommended AGL from Polaris? From what I can see the Redline is going to cost as much or more than the Amsoil especially after adding the Lucas swill. Lucas does nothing but thicken the oil so why not just get a thicker Redline to begin with?
I usually use the Polaris stuff in my Sportsman transmission and Amsoil in the engine. I can get both easily around here and are similar in price. I have never had any issues. Polaris AGL is about $20 a qt and all options are within a few dollars, so you really aren't saving much since they only use 1 Qt and I change once a year.

I thought the AGL was a lot thinner than 75W85, but it looks like it is about the same.
Polaris AGL 36.6 cSt @40C
Amsoil Kinematic Viscosity @ 100°C, cSt (ASTM D445) 7.4
Kinematic Viscosity @ 40°C, cSt (ASTM D445) 36.6

Last edited:
Back