2023 Mercedes GLE 350 oil weight

Yeah okay. Right before it lists the approvals.

Specifications are published material standards that can be met. Approvals (as they are called in your example) are obtained from the manufacturer.

As long as the oil you pick meets the spec you’re after, all is well. It would be one thing if you were tracking the vehicle or tuning it, but for a factory Benz engine, 229.72 is fine, as are the others. If it were me, I’d run a good quality 30w and call it a day

It did not give viscosity just Mercedes specs which cover of variety of viscosities. Part of my issue also is I am OCD. I had first changed oil with 5W-30 and it seemed noisy to me. Then I changed it with 0W 20 because in the manual there was an Asterix next to that spec, which happened to be 0W 20 and I figured that was probably the factory fill. It said to use for best mileage which I assumed is probably what they put as a factory fill. I called four different dealerships and got three different viscosities that they told me was the factory fill. However, two of them said it was 0w/20. I also went on Mobil 1’s site and put in my car info and it said 0W 20 which is what is in the car now. I am not as concerned as much about mileage as I am about protecting the engine so I am considering 0W 30 but again I have OCD and just want to use whatever is the best for the engine. Seems like a little high reving four-cylinder turbo should have something more than 0W-20. The car is my wife’s and only has 2,700 miles
Don't sweat it. As I said this 4 cylinder is noisy and unrefined. I've own a C300 coupe.

Back